PDA

View Full Version : You'd think hitting a traffic light would dim hopes of modding my Prelude.

DeFunkeD
14-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Any sensible person would think that after swerving to miss a Camry and hitting a traffic light pole would dim dreams of modding my 1989 Prelude. Ha!

As a newcomer to ozhonda.com i'm seeking a lil bit of advice.

1. Repair.

Well, I've gotta get it repaired, it isn't going to go far with a pole mark in the front, no bumper, right headlight, and one radiator fan stuck on a hose from the engine.

Can anyone suggest a quality repairer in the Penrith/west Sydney area? I'm not too fussed with price as long as i get the good quality i've paid for.

2. Mod.

I bought my 1989 Prelude 2.0Si 4WS as a first car with only a body kit, some bodgy 15" mags, and a standard (i think) spoiler.

Firstly i have to buy a new front bar. Can anyone suggest a place that will do one for this type of car. I don't want anything too outrageous. Simple but slick. Then there's the rest of the body kit if what's on there doesn't suit the new front.

After that, 17" mags. I spose for those i can just shop around. but if any suggestions, welcome.

Then prolly new pod system and exhaust. Does anyone know of where I can find a bolt-on pod system for this car? Everywhere i've been can't do it and says i have to go custom, which is ok, but i'd rather bolt-on.

Any other suggestions welcome, it's my first car and i wanna have a bit of fun with it.

S92
14-01-2005, 04:13 PM
for the front end... try carmate.com.au?

skinnyboy
14-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Come to Prelude Australia (http://www.preludeaustralia.com) mate!

As regards, body kits, theres not much about for 3rd gens, Theres a few members on PA who have nice kits, check em out in the Garage Section on Prelude Australia.

Cheers,

big S

redliner
15-01-2005, 01:11 AM
i havent seen many 3rd gen lude with bodykit, but with magz n lowered look neat already.

91'lude
15-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Online Performance and Jetspeed make kits, you also mite find a mugen kit but there bloody rare, flipmods has one.

I think 3g's look better without kits anyway, go clean, stock, lowered, wheels, tinted, and u should be rite.

--eskimo-eg--
22-01-2005, 11:46 AM
this is a sign for u dude, its time to mod!! lol, i'd certainly go for mod, since ure gonna need to replace the front bumper anyway (or issit repairable?), i think the cost of repairing would just be slightly cheaper than mod it, so imo go for mod!!

panda[cRx]
22-01-2005, 11:58 AM
smells likie mod time :D
u need a font bar with space for a fmic i reckon lol

DeFunkeD
24-01-2005, 12:22 PM
this is a sign for u dude, its time to mod!! lol, i'd certainly go for mod, since ure gonna need to replace the front bumper anyway (or issit repairable?), i think the cost of repairing would just be slightly cheaper than mod it, so imo go for mod!!

the right side of the front bar is shattered big time, no way can it be repaired. i'm thinkin maybe let repairer put on stock and then i'll add a lip?

91'lude
24-01-2005, 06:08 PM
If u want a nice kit, get some accord lips, they look sweet on 3rd gens.

http://img165.exs.cx/img165/9170/407003139full0yv.jpg

But really... i doubt that will get you an extreme amount of respect.

3rd gens need a few things.

- Good paint, go and get it resprayed in the same colour, it will make it look so nice.
- Nice 17"ers. The wheels make the car, choose carefully.
- Lowered springs
- Tinted windows.
- Cleaned lights, clear all your indicators.

You've pritty much got the hotness in a 3rd gen rite there.

But to make a very clean 3rd gen something special... There is one final touch that no body can gripe about.

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/7097/calder0501006b9qe.jpg

You have that FMIC *and turbo of course*... and you've got 1 lethal weapon, should be easily able to get mid 13 second passes.

And that is something to be proud off....

bubblecivic
24-01-2005, 07:56 PM
damn that blue one is hot man !!!

are there vertex kits for them.. nice and clean !

also i'd suggest other places like bodyform and jetspeed rather then carmate !!