PDA

View Full Version : EG5 and EK9 fuel filter difference?

whitecomet07
10-12-2010, 04:10 PM
hey guys
first post by me. so thank you if you can make this clear for me.
i have two cars atm, one of them EG5 vti, and the other one EK9 type R from japan
now i have a spare oem honda ek9 fuel filter, is it possible to use it on the EG5 audm vti?
i rang up honda for a price for fuel filter and its $135?! when i refer back to the service record for the EG5, the fuel filter costed me $55 5 years ago. so my question goes: can the ek9 fuel filter fit? if it doesnt, am i getting the wrong price quoted from honda? should i go somewhere else?

thanks guys

mocchi
10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
hey guys
first post by me. so thank you if you can make this clear for me.
i have two cars atm, one of them EG5 vti, and the other one EK9 type R from japan
now i have a spare oem honda ek9 fuel filter, is it possible to use it on the EG5 audm vti?
i rang up honda for a price for fuel filter and its $135?! when i refer back to the service record for the EG5, the fuel filter costed me $55 5 years ago. so my question goes: can the ek9 fuel filter fit? if it doesnt, am i getting the wrong price quoted from honda? should i go somewhere else?

thanks guys

most likely different. my vti has 2 lines on top of fuel filter. my gli has 1 line on top of filter and 1 line under filter.
ek1 gli has 1 line on top of filter and 1 ilne under filter. why dont you have a look and see?

jdmyard sells filter for approx. $50 if im not mistaken.

whitecomet07
10-12-2010, 04:19 PM
yeah i saw the jdmyard ad... its $60 which is pretty good. a bit shocked to see the price has spiked to $135 during the past 5 years. okay good... i guess i will just buy one from jdmyard and keep my ek9 for future. thanks buddy. could someone lock the thread for me.