PDA

View Full Version : simota whale penis installing problem

whitecomet07
10-12-2010, 09:01 PM
hey guys
another question, i got this simota whale penis intake on my eg5 vti. i just install it. now i got a question, there are 2 tubes attached to a bracket,

one connect the intake to the engine and is filled with air
one connect the intake manifold to the back of the engine and is filled with coolant

i replaced the duct filled with air with the one tube supplied with simota intake
i pulled the other one out cos i hate the look of that bracket then coolant come out... how do i replace this?? i want to remove the existing long tubing to a shorter one. would i need a special tube for it? i guess coolant would be hot when the engine is running. also now i leaked some coolant, do i have to bleed the system now?

im not sure if i made this clear but could anyone help me with this?

thanks guys.

TheSaint
13-12-2010, 02:01 PM
you just bypass the piping ... hard to explain without showing you - you should be able to remove the bracket and plug the hose straight in

and no you dont need to bleed the system - just top it up

theres a few vids on youtube on how to do it

whitecomet07
19-12-2010, 03:58 PM
thanks buddy. really appreciate your help. i bought a high temp radiator hose with the right length and just joined the 2 together and put the brackets away. looks a lot neater. but the intake is a bit too loud for my liking :(

Riced_Civic
19-12-2010, 04:13 PM
lol, as if u didnt know an intake was gonna be loud.

u want more quiet intake put stock back on and add a cold air feed

whitecomet07
19-12-2010, 04:15 PM
haha i swear it was a lot quieter on my ek9 when i had same intake (not when the vtec kicked in) but on this d16y it just loud period... :(

TheSaint
20-12-2010, 11:53 AM
i just changed from the simota whale penis to the Fujita CAI

the Fujita kit is heeps better quality - but i miss the raw feeling of the simota

let me know if you ever want to sell your kit =)