PDA

View Full Version : Euro headlights

Nonobui
11-12-2010, 11:04 PM
After a heavy rain, found out that my Cl9 front headlights, one side of the of headlights (passenger) was foggy/mist after the rain. thinking to get it changed (where can i get them - aftermarket) or does anyone got any idea where can i get them fixed?

gone through the link:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?135568-CL9-Water-Condensation-inside-headlights-FIXED&highlight=cl9+headlight

but can some give me a pm about the actual place/price to fix them. thanks heaps. :angel:

Xplodin
12-12-2010, 08:20 AM
the only real way to fix it is pull the head light apart and clean it up on the inside and then reseal it up.

I'm sure there's a few places where you can get this done but if you have a big enough oven im sure you can atemp this yourself as it is quite easy todo. Places like that charges quite a bit just for resealing of headlights.

See how you go.

Nonobui
12-12-2010, 10:05 AM
hmm.. na man. i dun even have a carpark to do it. as im living in a small unit. so thinkin to get it fixed somewhere. anyone got any idea area in melbourne?

N3M3SIS
13-12-2010, 09:21 AM
yea, there is a headlight place in Mentone that I think they said they can do it for around $80
some other people on here have taken it to them, and had it fixed, and no problem since.
it happened to mine, but Honda replaced them under warranty.

Can't quite remember what the name of the place was. SOrry

Do a forum search, and you'll find it

EuroZed
13-12-2010, 03:46 PM
yea, there is a headlight place in Mentone that I think they said they can do it for around $80
some other people on here have taken it to them, and had it fixed, and no problem since.
it happened to mine, but Honda replaced them under warranty.

Can't quite remember what the name of the place was. SOrry

Do a forum search, and you'll find it

there was a recall on honda accord euros for this where they update a certain clip that enables better breathing in the head light and on a really cold winter mrning or night it may fog up slightly inside a corner but dries out automatically, if so than the breather is working fine....i will chk what this recall was as it was done automatially by Hornsby Honda on one of the services

aaronng
13-12-2010, 04:09 PM
there was a recall on honda accord euros for this where they update a certain clip that enables better breathing in the head light and on a really cold winter mrning or night it may fog up slightly inside a corner but dries out automatically, if so than the breather is working fine....i will chk what this recall was as it was done automatially by Hornsby Honda on one of the services

The clips were not for better breathing. It was for better sealing. So if you have the clips and it still fogs up, that means the problem is still there.

Nonobui
13-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks guys!! will do the research N3M3SIS. Do any guys where can i get ballast for the HID? as mine had blown. doesnt work on one side. i checked Fuse, changed hid bulb. but it still doesnt works.

ricerockets
15-12-2010, 09:03 AM
for your ballast best bet is a honda dealer,
when i got mine i ordered monday pay at the same time, and it came in the next morning changed my ballast and went to get it off defect =="

ballast cost me $400.30

Nonobui
15-12-2010, 09:17 AM
400! tats cost too much man. thinkin to get a after market HID kits. will tat be better?

ricerockets
15-12-2010, 09:44 AM
haha yea i know its costly but i tried to do the same so i contacted platinum visuals and told them of my situation and they said it would be easier to get a replacement as you would need to install the new wiring into the existing hid wiring

Nonobui
15-12-2010, 05:54 PM
i got mine done today by CarX. it works though. just oem stuff need to b taken off. cost 150. which cost less. ^^

next thing need to figure is the fog in the headlight. =( being told just on the headlights to dry them. =S

ricerockets
15-12-2010, 06:39 PM
yea i got that as well just in my drivers headlight since there is a crack in the top of the housing so ill have to get a new one =="