PDA

View Full Version : Civic not starting

stevo1210
12-12-2010, 12:29 AM
One of my mates purchased a really run down and crap condition ek civic 4 door sedan. he wants to get it running again just for transport to the station and back every morning. it's done 257K KMs or so... which is quite a lot. Anyway, he picked it really cheap off an eBay seller all the way out west in Castle Hills.

Well problem is that it doesn't start. At all.

Even with a fresh battery and jumper leads we only got the hazard lights and the headlights to work. The electrics didn't budge at all whatsoever.

The seller said that the car's been sitting around for 6 months or so not being started since it ran out of rego. There's a wonderful heap of water in the boot in the spare wheel bay which we cleaned out (no rust though), which accounts for the stench of growing mould inside the car itself.
However, the seller did suggest that the issue could be because of the piggyback (on top of the Honda) immobiliser system. Since the radio won't work when the key is turned and absolutely no dashboard lights come on.

What do you guys think is the issue?

Symphorced
12-12-2010, 08:02 AM
You said in your other thread that you just got a mechanic to check over the car... why didn't you ask him why it wasn't starting?

ralph_ef9
12-12-2010, 04:14 PM
all u need is get somone remove the aftermarket alarm system, then u can start it.
look like the alarm lock the ignition system.

stevo1210
12-12-2010, 09:34 PM
You said in your other thread that you just got a mechanic to check over the car... why didn't you ask him why it wasn't starting?

Completely different vehicle this one.

stevo1210
12-12-2010, 09:56 PM
all u need is get somone remove the aftermarket alarm system, then u can start it.
look like the alarm lock the ignition system.

I'm gonna look into that and try to do it myself.

KC.
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
^ that was the cause of my dc2r not starting..

honda dealership solved the problem by just cutting the wire to it..... which was in plain sight... didn't even both to take it out, ohwell.... ohwell got a new alarm to install now which will be done properly!

stevo1210
13-12-2010, 12:42 AM
just wondering... but if i were to say remove all the wiring (or whatever wiring required) for the aftermarket system, would i have to do something special to make the factory immobiliser work properly?