PDA

View Full Version : What Rims....

REV888
15-01-2005, 08:25 AM
Im might look into changing from my Stock 16" rims to a 17" rim aftermarket.

What rims looks the "stuff" with a Euro I await your advise.

And what size should I be looking for ? 17 x 7 or 17x 7.5 ?

yfin
15-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Im might look into changing from my Stock 16" rims to a 17" rim aftermarket.

What rims looks the "stuff" with a Euro I await your advise.

And what size should I be looking for ? 17 x 7 or 17x 7.5 ?The most important thing for us to know is how much are you prepared to spend? We can all show you some awesome stuff from Japan for $3500+ but do you want to spend that much. Either 17 x 7 or 17 x 7.5 will fit. The offset is the more tricky issue. Oh, and look at this site as it is awesome:

http://gallery.bussert.dyndns.org:81/TSXWheels

REV888
15-01-2005, 08:31 AM
The most important thing for us to know is how much are you prepared to spend? We can all show you some awesome stuff from Japan for $3500+ but do you want to spend that much. Either 17 x 7 or 17 x 7.5 will fit. The offset is the more tricky issue.

yfin what to get somthing local not somthing that I have to order from overseas.

Will be prepared to spend between 2-2.5 Grand :D:D

Whats the issues with offset ?

CRZYMF
15-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Gday REV888,

With the width of the wheel, try not to increase by more than 1in over standard (for both legal reasons and to minimise wear on you bearings/suspension). With the diameter, it really comes down to how comfortable a ride you want. For me, I feel 17in is ideal, however if you want it to look really hot and don't mind the rougher ride (not to mention slightly more expensive tyres), go with 18's, or 19's even.

Have a read of http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10804&page=2 ...near the bottom you'll find my explanation of offsets...it's important stuff. If you don't ask the wheel shop for anything specific, a bad salesman sell you anything that "fits" but not necessarily a wheel that is ideal for your car.

Hope this helps mate.

yfin
15-01-2005, 08:38 AM
yfin what to get somthing local not somthing that I have to order from overseas.
Will be prepared to spend between 2-2.5 Grand :D:D
Whats the issues with offset ?Before I got my rims I was really keen on these in 18".

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2854&highlight=vertec

They really are beautiful rims and can be had for around $2300 with tyres in 18".

Is there any particular reason you want 17"? If you are getting it for performance reasons look at something like the Buddyclub P1 as they are light and in your price range.

CRZYMF
15-01-2005, 08:39 AM
$2-2.5K should get you what you want, it will also depend on what tyres you want.....if you're like me you'll be fussy and opt for something better than they'll give you with their standard wheel/tyre package. They'll still give you a good package deal, but be prepared to pay a premium for better tyres over the crappy Nankang tyres they'll probably offer you (some salesman swear by these tyres...how sad).

My 18x8's on my Integra set me back anout $2800 but that's because it had quality rubber. I could've gotten the same wheels with shit rubber for about $400 less. If you're going to go for 17's, you shouldn't have a problem getting them with good rubber in your price range.

Good luck!

CRZYMF
15-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Best advice I can give ya, either go to the wheel shops and put wheels up against your car, or Photoshop wheels onto your car from pics off the net.

REV888
15-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

I think I will stick to 17 inch as I do not want to compromise the drive quality I want it nice and smooth and not rough.

How would you compare the drive between stock 16" to 17" ? A big difference ?

yfin
15-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

I think I will stick to 17 inch as I do not want to compromise the drive quality I want it nice and smooth and not rough.

How would you compare the drive between stock 16" to 17" ? A big difference ?
No major difference in ride quality - the ride quality on 18" is not bad either. If you don't really care about performance I would go 18".

REV888
15-01-2005, 08:51 AM
No major difference in ride quality - the ride quality on 18" is not bad either. If you don't really care about performance I would go 18".

18" On Sydney Roads ! is not such a good idea I dont think.

As it is when I had my last car had 17" on them and had issue with potholes and getting flat tyres almost once a month :(

CRZYMF
15-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Also a factor you may want to keep in mind is if you're after a racer look or a "stylin" look. Racing wheels look sweet even if they're not big, 17's look great in a set of Buddyclubs or Volks, or if you're under a budget, imitation wheels of these brands. If you're after classy/stylish wheels, a set of 18's look great. After having 18's for almost 3 years, I think I'll be going for 17's next time because of the tyre expense and ride quality. BUT, in saying that, I have my 18's on an Integra Type R so I'd say a set of 18's on an Accord Euro would be much more comfortable than on my car.

CRZYMF
15-01-2005, 09:30 AM
And let's not forget about the girlfriend/partner. Do you want someone whinging in your ear about how rough the ride is, or how much money you're "wasting" on wheels/tyres hehe....these are things that I have had to put up with....but it's worth it ;)

Type R Positive
15-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Have a look at www.tempetyres.com.au or www.ozzytyres.com.au
it will not cost you more than $2000 for a full set of mags and tyres for your car.

17" x 7" mags will have the cheapest tyres for them as this is the most popular size, which also means that you would have a greater choice in tyre as well.

learner
15-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Wheels & Tyres Guidelines from RTA (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14354)
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14354