PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent my Lips from getting stolen

davidvtec
15-12-2010, 02:31 AM
Hey everyone, my mates lip on his EK was taken a few days ago and also lately ive been hearing that alot of EK lips have been stolen. his not very happy but at the same time doesnt matter, there just a hundred bux new. Ive been concern myself as well as it would happen to me.

what are some advice to keep your lips extra safe? because atm i just got a few screws on em. and what kinda of strong glue do you recommend using? caus my mates just got ripped straight off.

thanks guys

hisoka
15-12-2010, 04:59 AM
sikaflex and rivets will make it a harder time to steal a lip.

and make sure your front bar is bolted down on both sides of the fender, and the middle,

because some people just take the whole front bar setup lol.

dougie_504
15-12-2010, 10:08 AM
I just used Sikaflex to put mine on (the black one) and a screw in each wheel well.

flipfire
15-12-2010, 10:12 AM
I used tamper proof screws on mine.

I was gonna use glue, but figured theives will probably still try to rip it out with force.

davidvtec
15-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I used tamper proof screws on mine.

I was gonna use glue, but figured theives will probably still try to rip it out with force.

tamper screws.. why didnt i think of that man. good one !

nickk
15-12-2010, 11:06 AM
chain a red nose pitty to the lip lol.

+1 for the tamper proof screws

jeremydawg
04-03-2011, 09:32 AM
lols, what with david's stalker? sounds like hes craving some serious david booty.

Anyway if i am ever an auto electrician i would do some badass wiring to my alarm. Like as soon as my fog lights, lips etc are taken off the car, my alarm blairs! that would be rad! and like a spring loaded baseball bat shoots out of the roof just in time for me to do a jump, grab and slam on whoever's raping my car

Troy
04-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Anyway if i am ever an auto electrician i would do some badass wiring to my alarm. Like as soon as my fog lights, lips etc are taken off the car, my alarm blairs! that would be rad! and like a spring loaded baseball bat shoots out of the roof just in time for me to do a jump, grab and slam on whoever's raping my car

OMG +1 +1 +1

This.

davidvtec
04-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I want alarms to go off as soon as someone touches my wheels man

Zilli
05-03-2011, 06:10 PM
why dont you use a nut and bolt combo rather than a screw...

cant belive people are that desperate nowadays that you'd steel a plastic lip?

SajadEG
05-03-2011, 06:28 PM
If you park your car anywhere near Strathfield, liver, cabra for even 5 minutes, consider your lip gone.

I don't have one on cos last time mine were stolen the theives left front bar damage. I would use rivets though, and make them stand out so they know this shit aint just gonn come off by force lol

jeremydawg
05-03-2011, 10:20 PM
why dont you use a nut and bolt combo rather than a screw...

cant belive people are that desperate nowadays that you'd steel a plastic lip?

i can see by looking at your avatar your wheels are very well protected

charliebrown
05-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Park forwards :) lip can't get stolen if it can't be seen

Red_EG4
05-03-2011, 11:31 PM
put them under your bed in a locked gun safe
guarded by rabid sheep
with a constant surveillance team watching it

nah but seriously, if some one wants it bad enough its gone. The chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, if the lip is held securely on the lip but the front bar isn't held on tightly to the shell the it'll just pop off too.

hiepy
06-03-2011, 08:36 AM
wtf u guys on about stealing front bar?
there's like 4 bolts that hold it down from the top and access is required with the bonnet up?
You all forgotten? 4bolts and 2 nuts/bolt on each fender.
Just rivet/glue your lip on, so they have to rip that shit off.

My front lip is soooo dodgy no one would steal it haha. CABLE TIES 4 FTW!

davidvtec
06-03-2011, 09:14 AM
there's like 4 bolts that hold it down from the top and access is required with the bonnet up?
You all forgotten? 4bolts and 2 nuts/bolt on each fender.
Just rivet/glue your lip on, so they have to rip that shit off.

My front lip is soooo dodgy no one would steal it haha. CABLE TIES 4 FTW!

There just plastic screws holding the bar from the top. If pulled hard enough, i reckin it'll rip out eventually

jeremydawg
06-03-2011, 09:49 AM
If your real desperate and cheap you could also get a manikin, dress it up in full gangsta clothes and sit it in your car with a baseball bat.

Also you'll need a hoodie so it's face is not really visible lols

hisoka
06-03-2011, 11:09 AM
!

you dont know how easy it is to open the bonnet from the outside is on a ek and eg do you ?
no key required

NightKids
06-03-2011, 11:20 AM
If the bonnets open then maybe the focus wouldn't be on a lip? Just sayin'....

hisoka
06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
lol your naughty as

and btw your exhaust problem is either your itr muffler being put to its limits or your hangers are getting the beating of there life since your exhaust is now tucked firmer and closer to the body and wobble around alot more

vibration is common for custom exhausts anyway

happened to me plenty buddy

NightKids
06-03-2011, 11:30 AM
haha I bag someone and I get help! I love ozhonda!!

Hmmm the problem is with what you said, it could be either one of the issue. My hangers do seem a lil loose but the thing is my mechanic was fully pushing it around everywhere and it didn't even make one metal noise.

With the muffler pushed to it's limits... hmm well the only way to know if that's the problem would be to put another muffler on?

lol let's not hijack this thread, could you post in my one? Thanks!

Zilli
06-03-2011, 01:57 PM
i can see by looking at your avatar your wheels are very well protected

:-)...

1.mile
30-03-2011, 07:37 PM
If your looking for something better then stickiflex....try JB Weld...that shit is insane, but be ready to use a grinder the next time you wanna take your lip off

zropts
22-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Lock pad it bro in the middle of the lip, either leave it or take it in half lol

amant02
22-11-2013, 10:02 PM
If your that scared, simply dont buy the part.

If its a fake lip your worried about, your wasting your time.

Park in secured parking, even though you may have to pay that extra 10 dollars for the peace of mind.

Ive had lips on nearly all my cars, no1 is yet to steal em. *knocks on wood as I don't live a good area*

I also tie my Sheppard to the front rim's at night time as I have to park outside.