PDA

View Full Version : Recaros Moving Around

quang
15-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi,
I've got annoying problem with by drivers side recaro. When i go around corners the back part will essentially move sideways, almost feels like a big click. I can sorta move the back part when i physically push it. Is there any way to tighen up the back part? it does look like is sorta loose as compared to the passenger seat that doesn't move at all.

thanks

Bludger
16-12-2010, 01:40 AM
Have you had a look back there yet to see how your seat is attached?

There are bolts fixing the seat to the car, have you tried to tighten them yet?

Maybe try tighten the bolts ?????

Maybe where it bolts on, it is broken.

why don't you go have a look and then check back.

Zilli
16-12-2010, 07:36 AM
the "clicking" movement of the backrest of the recaro seat in DC2R's is a common problem. Nothing you can do about it. I remember when i got mine new i went back 3 months later and they said it was a design flaw... it wont affect anything

Bludger
16-12-2010, 07:49 AM
omg, thats what he is on about.

yeah, what he said ^^^^^ lol.

didn't explain clearly.

should have said the backrest moves side to side.

The back part is not a very good description.

Bludger
16-12-2010, 07:51 AM
another example of bad explanation causing confusion.

lmao triangles behind wheels hahahaha.
check if there is any wetness on your shocks.

welcome btw.

hahaha i know bad description.....

Yeah will do thanks for the advise..... :)

quang
16-12-2010, 06:50 PM
yeah sorry, backrest, so its a common problem? bugger, non the most comforting thing to feel while going around the circuit or the street (gutters :S). i'll check the bolts anyways.

EK1.6LCIV
16-12-2010, 07:01 PM
x2 its just another annoying noise :)

quang
16-12-2010, 07:20 PM
The noise doesn't bother me, i can actually feel the backrest shift, thats what annoys me.

Peachy
14-09-2011, 01:22 AM
Sorry for the bump but has anyone resolved this issue? My dc5r recaros do this so much to the point I'm thinking of binning and burning them. I've tightened those bolts and still annoying as fk.
Bump for more information and potential fixes

EKVTIR-T
14-09-2011, 02:16 AM
If theyre swaying on the shaft which it sounds like,cant you put washers or shims on either side to prevent the freeplay?

Actually I just found this backrest service kit which solves said issue :D

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=419&type=s&appgrpid=&appid=&rid=61

Bludger
14-09-2011, 08:18 AM
I hate it when people slam the backrest back into position after getting into or out of the back seat.

It's not like the Stock seats which are spring loaded.

Long time no see Clint.....
Where have you been?

Peachy
16-09-2011, 12:29 AM
If theyre swaying on the shaft which it sounds like,cant you put washers or shims on either side to prevent the freeplay?

Actually I just found this backrest service kit which solves said issue :D

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=419&type=s&appgrpid=&appid=&rid=61

Great find dude thanks for that!!! I called my local recaro dealer and the dude was super helpful, he said when he'd free up some time he'd have a look and fix the problem without charging labour, just whatever parts need supplying. I'll see how I go with that, the link is great for people who know what they're doing, but I'm retarded when it comes to fixing things so will probably end up braking the darn thing in an attempt to fix it hahaha

I hate it when people slam the backrest back into position after getting into or out of the back seat.

My GF was having a bad day and slammed the seat back after having climbed outta the back seat, I had to bite my lip so ****ing hard when she did it..... later that night I told her to go easy on it and that didn't go down to well hahaha. I suppose next time I'm having a bad day I'll offer to carry her Channel hand bag and throw it on the floor when we get in the house

Mikecivic78
17-09-2011, 12:11 PM
My sr3s do this too.