PDA

View Full Version : thermo fans

shifty_kent
15-01-2005, 04:32 PM
My air con thermo fan does not turn on when the air con
is on. I drive a FI, 1994 integra,and have got one of those smaller thermo
fans instead of the stock ones.
Does anyone know why this may be? The fan is wired to this clip
thing but i don't know what it goes onto next after that.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

poid
22-01-2005, 07:18 PM
If the teg is the same as some other hondas, there is a relay which controls the condenser fan, this should be next to the air-con compressor clutch relay and will be somewhere near the air con compressor under the bonnet (i assume you have checked the fuse and that it is OK).

It could be either the fan is buggered or the relay is buggered, or possibly that the wiring is loose somewhere. You can test the fan by giving it 12v (there are two pins, one is positive and the other is ground...not sure which is which in the teg though), if it works then its the relay usually (the other posiibility is the wiring if the relay also isnt faulty).

wynode
22-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Does it come on for a bit even...or not at all?

shifty_kent
23-01-2005, 12:13 AM
acutally i have'nt checked the fuse yet....
but yeh i know what ur talking about... it runs to the relay, but i dunno how the
relay is set up...
can i just re-wire it direct to the battery? basically i want one of
my fans to stay on whilst the turbo timer is going... i was told that this
could be done by wiring straight to the battery? atm it turns off when the TT
is running and this wasn't good on 40 degree days as my car started to overheat especially when the turbo timer was set for a while...

poid
23-01-2005, 10:46 AM
you could wire a relay in to the turbo timer so that when it switches on it will turn one of the thermo's on as well. So then that thermo would have the normal wiring for the usual use and also have the positive wired from the relay you've just added that runs off the turbo timer.

If you wire it straight to the battery then it would be on all the time...you dont want this as they should turn on only when they have to

shifty_kent
23-01-2005, 05:42 PM
hrm i get what ur saying.... but i got no idea how to wire to the turbo timer as its wired to my aftermarket ecu