PDA

View Full Version : ECU/ SRS problem

chauster
19-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Ok. So i have a Eg gli with b18c7. and i need to get rid of my SRS light for rwc. so before i had some crappy steering wheel with no airbag. so i had to change it back to OEM. so i did and i had to get a clock spring too. anyways i did all this and the light is still on. so i thought maybe it needs to be decoded so we tried it back but decoding computer did not register the ecu.

maybe it was the SRS ecu or the decoding computer was stuffed. so i went to honda and it still didnt register and then i change the airbag ecu but that didnt work either. I tried that reseting the SRS ecu but nothing happened. nothing flashed or anything when i shorted it.

So the question is. What could be wrong? Should i just pull all the wires out and check or is my ECu stuff?

note that when i shorted the ecu to get the engine codes it worked so it seems fine.

I appreciate any help. thanks

grifty
19-12-2010, 08:48 PM
have a look at the srs wiring to see if any of it has been tampered with

chauster
19-12-2010, 11:47 PM
but the whole ecu doesnt register lol

grifty
19-12-2010, 11:55 PM
i would still have a look at the wiring brah, u dont know what the old owner could of done before....

ECU-MAN
20-12-2010, 08:26 AM
your clock spring could be faulty

if not installed corectly you can damage it as well

chauster
20-12-2010, 09:12 PM
and the ecu not registering what coudl that be?

ECU-MAN
21-12-2010, 08:18 AM
on the EG the ECU is behind the steering wheel, so a damaged clock spring will not power the ECU correctly

najdi
22-12-2010, 06:18 PM
pull the plug or bulb out from behind the cluster to pass then dig deeper when you have time ? ;) l0l