PDA

View Full Version : Help and ideas for my Ek1 Civic gli Hatch

eren
21-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Hey i recently bought my first car that is a Civic Ek1 Gli Hatchback that has 99 ek rear lights and im just curious What i should do to it

blastnpast
21-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Lol I got a silver ones yesterday i have ordered beaks bar, bar, short throw shifter, twin loop exhaust, whale penis + box to cover it, looking for some adjustable coilovers, recaro seats, sportmaxx rims, tow hook :D just a little insite

Renaissance_x
21-12-2010, 07:00 AM
I recomend just lowering it down a little and ading a type R style grill, front lip and maybe a cat back exhaust.

It all depends on your budget really and how much you want to spend on the car.

eren
21-12-2010, 10:48 PM
maybe 5,000 but my car has scratches and some dents =(

Renaissance_x
22-12-2010, 01:36 PM
There is only a certain amount of money you can spend on a car before it isn't worth it and you could have upgraded to the better model.
If you spend 5grand on it you probably could have bought an ek4 instead.
Just something to think about.

Oz_Striker
22-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey i recently bought my first car that is a Civic Ek1 Gli Hatchback that has 99 ek rear lights and im just curious What i should do to it

What are you after? Performance or looks? Performance wise don't waste money on trying to make it go fast in a straight line, the D16 will never be very fast with simple bolt on mods (unless you turbo) and i'm guessing that your budget would only allow for minor bolt ons so it probably wouldn't be worth it. I would suggest some half decent suspensions parts, for a start coilovers or at least a decent spring + shock combo (usually more comfortable but coils will make your car handle better and they're height/damper adjustable too), sway bars are excellent bang for buck, allow for a subframe brace if you put in a rear sway bar so you don't rip out your subframe, possibly some strut bars, and a decent set of tyres will make the car heaps more fun. If you go looks, type r front + rear lip, type r grille, foggies, spoon c/f rear wing darkend headlights, still get coils or a shock+spring combo so you can lower it. I personally (and this is just my opinion) would get a different set of wheels if your budget allows for it, just because i don't particularly like 17 or 18 inch wheels on civics (they look like 17's to me) and i've never really been keen on that many spokes (hence why i bought wheels with 5 spokes) but each to their own mate, if your happy with them don't change them. as i said just my opinion

Try and DIY some of your mods too bro, will save you a fair bit of money and you'll enjoy doing it a lot more too. Also helps if you look for second hand parts in this section: Parts for sale (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?11-Parts-for-sale) as you can find some good quality stuff a lot cheaper.

For 5 grand you can get it looking really good, just be smart about where and what you spend your money on

boy180
27-12-2010, 08:53 PM
back to the topic guys.. whats the purpose of ur car at the end of the day??

jdm_b16a
29-12-2010, 06:31 AM
OK. There are a number of issues here (as I've seen) and several comments I would make. First the OP could do a small search of this forum and find some answers to his questions. Fine we all know that. But he has gone to the trouble of posting up photos and asked a question. I know questions like this irritate some people and its easy to lapse into name calling but honestly we can do without it. It builds up resentment, puts the forum in a bad light, and ultimately we are all here to share and learn, and we all have to start somewhere. I've left the posts where people offered ideas - remember they are only opinions but if someone goes to the trouble of providing what they feel is a valid answer then let them. It takes all types to make up our world - show some respect. This is not directed at anyone specifically and just because I deleted your comment doesn't mean I think what you said was wrong - the discussion was just precipitating further aggro and not helping the OP much.

So let's have your comments if you want to add something constructive; if not, just move on.

Peter

blastnpast
29-12-2010, 07:11 AM
I want to say thank you to jdm b16a for taking action before anything got out of hand and good luck to the OP if you decide to create a build thread :)

Bludger
29-12-2010, 10:18 AM
You deleted my advice peter, or whoever it was.

I had the best suggestion of them all.

And for the record, at no point was i angry or agro.

At most I made 1 coment towards someone, but that wasn't even worthy of mention because it was in a friendly wake up to yourself context.

please spare us that build thread.

eren
17-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Thank to every1 for atleast responding to this thread and i have some plans to work on but im not sure in my area (blacktown) has good place to get a B series Engine swap ??? and rough price?? estimate

and Thx jdm_b16a :wave::wave::D
:D

jdm_b16a
18-02-2011, 06:56 AM
... im not sure in my area (blacktown) has good place to get a B series Engine swap ??? and rough price?? estimate

Try SSS Automotive in Gilba Road, Girraween. Ask for Geoff. You can get a full swap (called a half-cut) where you get everything. Or you can get a gearbox/engine package but that leaves you having to source ancillary components you will need to complete the swap. The former might set you back anywhere up to $3000.00; the latter under $2000.00 (but that's going on prices from a few years ago). Call them and ask.

Peter