PDA

View Full Version : Car shakes in park and reverse?

aero
25-12-2010, 01:12 AM
So.. I've got an auto FD1 and just in the past couple of days I've noticed some strange shaking and vibrating from the car when I start it up. This vibrating occurs mostly when I am in park and reverse... and sometimes in neutral. However, the shakes disappear when I put it into drive.
Can anybody help me with this?

DC2-PWR
25-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Hey dude, hot car :)

sounds like a worn engine mount. probably transmission one you should check on,

aero
25-12-2010, 03:26 AM
cheers man. is this a serious problem? i dont suppose u know how much replacing mounts may set me back?

av90
25-12-2010, 02:01 PM
try JDMyard, theyre on this forum

jckidz
25-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Aero.. i have just the same problem as you.. just recently, the car shakes in park when warming up. especially i reverse when i just started the car early in the morning. I have booked for a service, but not until 7th of Jan. I'm thinking engine mount probs as there is a bad vibration noise from the engine bay when i go through 'slightly' uneven roads

ekay1
26-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Is this vibration whilst your shifting from gear to gear or when stationary?

aero
27-12-2010, 11:24 AM
A bit of both. Shakes when reversing and also when idling and stationary.

ekay1
27-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Ive got this problem as well when i turn my car on for the first time during the day and shift from park to drive after warming it up --". My cars only on 15,000k's, engine mount worn out already...?

DC2-PWR
27-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Ive got this problem as well when i turn my car on for the first time during the day and shift from park to drive after warming it up --". My cars only on 15,000k's, engine mount worn out already...?

Depends, it could be something else.

If your engine mount already been worn out - it must have a bad history of how the car was kept. Engine mounts only break due to thrashing, or just age.

meatball
27-12-2010, 03:01 PM
try look at all the mounts to see if the rubbers split or popped out.
if theres a split, replace it with some hassport ones

ekay1
27-12-2010, 04:59 PM
try look at all the mounts to see if the rubbers split or popped out.
if theres a split, replace it with some hassport ones

Will check asap. Thanks mate

Depends, it could be something else.

If your engine mount already been worn out - it must have a bad history of how the car was kept. Engine mounts only break due to thrashing, or just age.
I bought the car new, dont really thrash it around either.

jckidz
12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Any updates guys? My local Honda dealer can't seems to find the problem. Apparently the engine mounts are still ok. Maybe the problem lies in the transmission?