PDA

View Full Version : Engine question after accident

Chrispee
28-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey guys just need some advice .....
had a car accident smash the front end of my eg had a b18c7 and the engine starts upp normal and everthing but one thing is ****ED the engine mount on the right and side on the passenger side broke
can i still use the egine or is it gone?
what can i do ? soo need some advice
do i have to change the bottom end or can i still you it or should i go b20 bottom end and b18 head or what are my options ?
or chuck it ?

phwoaaa
30-12-2010, 10:24 PM
you just said your engine mount is broken?? so why not just change your broken engine mounts to some new ones.. or get some aftermarket mounts like innovative , hasport ...

unless you meant u cracked your block or something.

Bludger
02-01-2011, 12:10 PM
you really need a better title too.

helps for reference.

Chrispee
02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
you just said your engine mount is broken?? so why not just change your broken engine mounts to some new ones.. or get some aftermarket mounts like innovative , hasport ...

unless you meant u cracked your block or something.

yea it came broke off the block do you no if i can still use it?

na-118
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
get some pictures up not really explaining it well enough

Lancere6
03-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Just change the engine mount with a 1nd hand one there are alot of civics at the wreckers these days you can pick one up for like $20. Or ask you mechanic to get you a aftermarket one at trade price.

Changing an engine mount is really not a major job its usually 2 - 4 long bolts just take the wait off the mount with a jack and unbolt and swap. Easy fix....

Chrispee
13-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Just change the engine mount with a 1nd hand one there are alot of civics at the wreckers these days you can pick one up for like $20. Or ask you mechanic to get you a aftermarket one at trade price.

Changing an engine mount is really not a major job its usually 2 - 4 long bolts just take the wait off the mount with a jack and unbolt and swap. Easy fix....

but it broke of the block