PDA

View Full Version : 07 sport problems

morphiine
31-12-2010, 01:10 AM
hi guys,

i just recently bought a civic sport and am a super noob,
just tonight i tried replacing the stock intake + upper and lower box with a cold air induction unit
all is going well, ive replugged the maf unit etc and connected all the hoses back in,
put everything back together and go to turn the engine on, but no go.
i turn it to 'on' and the engine light is on, the steering light is on and the battery light is on.
i do a quick search and a lot of things point to a 'serpentine' belt or something or other is shot or loose?
trouble is, the car has only done 22000 k's so cant be busted? loose maybe?
however i have no clue where this thing is, a little help would be much appreciated...
if someone could come round, i would be happy to buy them a six pack or something for their trouble.

cheers everyone

Tom

xenonkuraz
31-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Can you show me a picture of the cold air intake kit you bought? and take a pic of how the engine bay looks now (with particular attention to the placement of the MAF sensor)

I am surprised that you can't start the car though. What happens when you turn the key? do you get a click click click? Or splutter?

morphiine
31-12-2010, 02:16 PM
no, click click or sputter

i pulled it all apart again, so no photo lol
still the same problem, the maf sensor is connected to the induction pipe
it was one of those ebay cheapies i bought from the states, but it looked like it would do the job

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CIVIC-SI-2-0-2-0L-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-INDUCTION-06-09-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZModelQ3aCivicQ7cSubmodelQ3 aSiQQhashZitem5640ebd06bQQitemZ370456383595QQptZMo torsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3055wt _939

cheers

aero
31-12-2010, 04:37 PM
im not sure how interchangeable engine parts are between k series engines, but it could be that u bought a kit that is for the usdm civic si, which have k20a2 engines instead of the k20z2 engines in the audm civic sport sedans.

xenonkuraz
31-12-2010, 07:49 PM
The k20z2 is not very receptive to intake mods as the sensor is very sensitive. Any change in distance or diameter or pipe from maf to engine could result in problems...but since you've returned it to stock and still having problems I can't pick the problem.

aaronng
01-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Check your fuses, might have shorted something out. Also, is your check engine light on? If it is, get the code read. It could be something like the MAF sensor being damaged.

Also, if your car is an auto, you have your gearbox in P, right?

morphiine
01-01-2011, 05:02 AM
hi guys,

thanks for all the replies. i got it working.... dopey me left out a plug/cable that was next to the battery. i think it powers the maf? or some sensors or something or other, which brought on the no start + lightshow.
however in saying that, you guys pointed out that the car is very sensitive to changes and i think you are right, at full throttle it seams to bog down a bit and struggles to accelerate hard.
but at 3/4 or more throttle it goes like stink. any solutions to this??? other than a new comp?

cheers

aaronng
01-01-2011, 08:45 AM
hi guys,

thanks for all the replies. i got it working.... dopey me left out a plug/cable that was next to the battery. i think it powers the maf? or some sensors or something or other, which brought on the no start + lightshow.
however in saying that, you guys pointed out that the car is very sensitive to changes and i think you are right, at full throttle it seams to bog down a bit and struggles to accelerate hard.
but at 3/4 or more throttle it goes like stink. any solutions to this??? other than a new comp?

cheers
That's good news. With the MAF sensor, the inner diameter of the pipe must be kept identical, otherwise drivability suffers. Unfortunately, aftermarket intakes then to have a larger diameter for the added airflow and as a reult, the air moves slower for the same volume compared to stock. The flow rate is lower an what the ECU expects and injects the wrong amount of fuel and uses the wrong amount ofntiming advance.

morphiine
01-01-2011, 03:24 PM
so how does one fix this issue? or am i doomed to acclerate at 3/4 all the time??

xenonkuraz
01-01-2011, 09:32 PM
need pics

h3nno
05-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Because honda is using a learned ECU it learns the fule maps while accerlerating, but when you are at wide open throttle it uses a predefined fule map not a learned one. Hence why it is sluggish.