PDA

View Full Version : Eibach koni vs N+

dee-y
01-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Hi guys.

Planning on lowering my car and was set on getting some N+ and rear ingalls from heeltoe. However saw a guy in Brissy selling his koni eibach combo (20k on it) and thought if I could get that cheap might be a good option too? I don't plan on slamming it, so should I save some dosh and get the koni eibach (which would suffice) or may as well grab the N+ (which can be shipped together with ingalls)

elitee
02-01-2011, 07:26 AM
It's really up to you ..

If your not going to slam it can you justify spending the extra money ?

I personally think rear camber kit isn't needed

Either way neither of them will disappoint

dee-y
02-01-2011, 09:17 AM
I'll most likely be running 18X8 +38 all round so I guess it won't be a huge necessity. The guy said he'll part with the koni and eibachs for 750. Good price? Guess that can save a a good 700ish dollars

tony1234
03-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I'll most likely be running 18X8 +38 all round so I guess it won't be a huge necessity. The guy said he'll part with the koni and eibachs for 750. Good price? Guess that can save a a good 700ish dollars

Buy them!20 K is nothing on this setup.I've got 68K on my Bilstein/Eibach and it still drives and handles like the day i got it installed.PS.You'll need a rear camber kit.Get either SPC or Ingalls.

tsx604
03-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I think the N+ is a better option because it is a monotube coilover setup, which means the springs and shocks are designed to work with one another given the dampening and spring rates. It will give you better ride quality and tuning capabilities.

The Eibach and Koni combo is a decent setup. The Koni has 3 adjustments for ride height and a knob on each shock to allow you to adjust softness/hardness. If your objective is just to lower the car on something aftermarket, then Eibach and Koni would be nice have.
If you are looking to fine-tune the suspension and would like to improve handling and drivability of your car, then look for a coilover setup. You will be impressed with the ride quality of a coilover setup over a typical spring/shock combo. You won't be convinced until you sit in an Accord with coilovers and an Accord with springs.

Good luck with your choice ! =)

Vtecyo
03-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Ive run the N+ for awhile now and I love them. Nice stiffness for street and damper adjustment. I would think if u want the perfect ride height and wheel fitment on ur 18s the adjustable ride height of the coilover is the way to go. Thats the way I went.

It is also a good option have the ability to raise your car easily if you happen to be defected ( also like i did :P )

Hope this helps.

dee-y
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Anyone know the spring rates for the koni/eibach setup? I DO wan't ride comfort as well as looks. Would those koni/eibach improve the ride comfort and handling noticeably from stock? Not gonna dump it crazy as well. I don't see myself tinkering with the settings tooo much but if I do get the N+ I guess I probably will ha.

BTW anyone know how the taxing works if I was to order N+ from heeltoe?

elitee
03-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Anyone know the spring rates for the koni/eibach setup? I DO wan't ride comfort as well as looks. Would those koni/eibach improve the ride comfort and handling noticeably from stock? Not gonna dump it crazy as well. I don't see myself tinkering with the settings tooo much but if I do get the N+ I guess I probably will ha.

BTW anyone know how the taxing works if I was to order N+ from heeltoe?

get them to invoice you below $999

also check out advancespeed they got them for $959 shipping is also cheaper

dee-y
03-01-2011, 02:20 PM
get them to invoice you below $999

also check out advancespeed they got them for $959 shipping is also cheaper

Yeah I did check em out, however heeltoe can combine shipping with the ingalls.

tonymulia
03-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Yes, if you buy both items together, in this case healtoe might be slightly cheaper :)
I think one of them have readjusted the price :)

dee-y
03-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Heeltoe price is the same as it was last month so mighta been advancespeed. Heeltoe is cheaper though with the ingalls. Still tossing up which setup to get....

ricerockets
04-01-2011, 01:33 AM
ive got the ingalls rear camber kit along with the N+, definitely do not regret getting the ingalls as with my height i was running wayyyyyy too much camber to be able to fit my rims on

aaronng
04-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Eibach + Koni is still softer than N+. It depends what you want out of your car. Do you want to go on track once in a while or just want a lower and slightly stiffer ride?

dee-y
04-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Eibach + Koni is still softer than N+. It depends what you want out of your car. Do you want to go on track once in a while or just want a lower and slightly stiffer ride?

Substantially softer? I might go on track but it will definitely be a rarity, not a every month type thing. I guess in the end just a lower and stiffer ride would be good but if the N+ are worth the 400 500 whatever more dollars, I'll be happy to go with them.

O and whatever would fit those rims (18X8 +38 225/35/18) well. (I think I won't need to roll guards but I have an inkling I might have to...)

ricerockets
05-01-2011, 10:31 PM
i dont think you will have to roll your guards i had to roll my guards to fit a 18x9 +65 with a 25mm spacer so realli about +40 offset and thats with a 245/40/R18

dee-y
05-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Leaning towards those konis and eibachs atm. In the end I don't think I'll do to much tinkering and trackwork so they probably would suffice for a stiffer ride and decent lowerage.

tony1234
06-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Leaning towards those konis and eibachs atm. In the end I don't think I'll do to much tinkering and trackwork so they probably would suffice for a stiffer ride and decent lowerage.

Wise choice.This setup is still good for a day at the track.

vorace
06-01-2011, 09:33 AM
GDay DY,

I have Koni Sport on std springs set on the lowest spring seat position (15mm drop) and they are great. But I had read that Konis dont like to be paired with progressive rate springs like the Eibachs (which are better with Bilsteins). Have you considered the Neuspeed KoniSport/Neuspeed spring package from HeelToe in USA...about $680 before shipping (Aussie dollar is strong atm)...matched package and good value.

dee-y
06-01-2011, 11:10 AM
GDay DY,

I have Koni Sport on std springs set on the lowest spring seat position (15mm drop) and they are great. But I had read that Konis dont like to be paired with progressive rate springs like the Eibachs (which are better with Bilsteins). Have you considered the Neuspeed KoniSport/Neuspeed spring package from HeelToe in USA...about $680 before shipping (Aussie dollar is strong atm)...matched package and good value.

Hey vorace,

Shipping is surprisingly like 400 bucks taking it with the ingalls to around 1200 mark. Considering the N+ are only 1400, I think I'd rather go them if I was ordering from Heeltoe

dee-y
12-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Would the installation of these shock/spring combo be the same as coilovers? Harder or easier? Would I really need a rear camber kit as well? I will drop it as much as I can without compensating ride comfort.

ricerockets
12-01-2011, 05:32 PM
i found after dropping it the camber kit really helped as it was a bit too much negative camber for the po-po to handle haha

im pretty sure it would be the same as installing coilovers since they are both shock and spring replacements

dee-y
12-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Approximately how much neg camber were you running without the kit? And how much did you drop it? I'll get it if it's really necessary. Don't wanna chew through tyres as well.

asshat
12-01-2011, 09:20 PM
can vouch for N+ being awesome

tony1234
13-01-2011, 08:25 AM
I had 3 deg.negative camber on 1 rear after i installed Bilstein/Eibach setup so yes you'll need a rear camber kit.

elitee
13-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Nothing wrong with a bit of camber D:

dee-y
13-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I had 3 deg.negative camber on 1 rear after i installed Bilstein/Eibach setup so yes you'll need a rear camber kit.

How much did you drop it Tony? Both front and rear

Simonnn
13-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I have -3 and -2.5 camber on my rears after dropping the car with N+ really depends on the look you're going for.. and perhaps tyre wear issues (although many argue that toe contributes more to wear than camber does)

sodaz
13-01-2011, 11:46 AM
You must get a rear camber kit or your tire wear will be completely messed up.

dee-y
13-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I can probably live with about 1 - 1.5. Not baller enough for spending money on tyres to be a common activity.

tony1234
13-01-2011, 08:30 PM
How much did you drop it Tony? Both front and rear

Approx.44mm.front and 35mm rear i think.whatever drop the Eibach springs give.

dee-y
16-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Anyone familiar with Silver Neo Max coilovers? Came across a guy on JDMST selling these. Can't say that I have heard of the brand and was wondering if it's just a cheap nasty coilover...

http://www.shiftperformance.com.au/index.php?cPath=80_125_327

racerwannabe
17-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Anyone familiar with Silver Neo Max coilovers? Came across a guy on JDMST selling these. Can't say that I have heard of the brand and was wondering if it's just a cheap nasty coilover...

http://www.shiftperformance.com.au/index.php?cPath=80_125_327

Nope but why risk it? Pay a bit more and get something thats tried and proven. Last thing you want is to have to replace them if they are crap or fail on you. It might be cheap but you take the risk.

dee-y
17-01-2011, 09:55 PM
The rrp is around 1.4k so I guess not exactly cheap territory. Just did some research. Seems like decent feedback from other models, and I think i heard something that they are affiliated with Buddyclub some way.

elitee
18-01-2011, 07:36 AM
The rrp is around 1.4k so I guess not exactly cheap territory. Just did some research. Seems like decent feedback from other models, and I think i heard something that they are affiliated with Buddyclub some way.

In all honesty just go for BC N+

Alot people have them on there euro/tsx and all love them !

dee-y
18-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Okie dokie. Just received and email from shift performance regarding those coilovers. Here's what they said:

Silvers themselves have been a manufacturer of coilovers for a few years now ,they manufacture coil over’s for a few other named brands like GReddy,Buddy club ,

In the last couple of years they decided to release their own series the NEOMAX so they are relatively a new name to Australia.

We have been using them for over a year on our Circuit track cars ,EG civic & EVO 7 with great results ,

In the past 12 months we have sold about 50 sets to customers with Street driven cars all different varieties of vehicles with not one single return or complaint.

We have been appointed Australian reseller so we can offer custom spring rates to suit the customer’s needs & warranty and parts.

dee-y
18-01-2011, 08:25 PM
OK going to look at the original koni/eibach combo. Think I've bargained him down to a good price. I'll have a look on the weekend, what should I look out for? I've attached a pic he sent me. Looks in good nick?

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=msg&id=1334754

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=msg&id=1334755

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=msg&id=1334756

EURO1dr
18-02-2011, 12:38 AM
@dee-y, how much did you bargained down to. Care to share?

imprezu
07-03-2011, 09:24 PM
hey guys im contemplating on getting the BC coilovers..im from around sydney area and i got quoted from Concord customs 1300 for the kit and fitted...is that cheap? also do i need to get the ingalls? i have stock luxury 17inch rims....

x10Hz
09-03-2011, 03:19 PM
You must get a rear camber kit or your tire wear will be completely messed up.

What are you basing this statement on?

If you’re just lowering the car slightly to improve the looks/handling you won’t get epic camber (around -1 to -3) and with a good wheel alignment there shouldn’t be any real tyre wear issues.

if your slamming the car, you have to understand that its costly to run slammed.. And would be totally aware of the associated amounts of camber and costs involved in marinating it (tires, lips, oil pans, guards, guard liners, etc).

There are only three situations (that I can think of) when you would need a rear camber kit.
1. If you’re going to deck the car giving you -4 or more natural camber and want to preserve the tires.
2. If you’re going to deck the car giving you -4 or more natural camber and need more to fit your aggressive wheels.
3. If you’re setting the car up for track work and want to be able to dial in amounts of camber of optimal performance around a track.

If you want to run mad camber at the rear but don’t want to keep buying rubber every 2 months, get cheap hard no-name branded tires and stretch (narrower = cheaper). At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference and what one can afford.

More often than not, a good wheel alignment will solve tire ware issues.

hey guys im contemplating on getting the BC coilovers..im from around sydney area and i got quoted from Concord customs 1300 for the kit and fitted...is that cheap? also do i need to get the ingalls? i have stock luxury 17inch rims....

Im not too sure how much BC’s retail for, but that price + and install seems fairly reasonable considering the BC racing coilovers are quite a good product. Try searching the net before you make a commitment tho, I bought my N+ in March last year for $1054 USD shipped brand new (arrived in 7 working days). So there are plenty of good deals out there.

With regards to needs a rear camber kit, read the above and make your judgement. Just as a side note, the 17” rims look fair whack with massive camber, mostly because they are incredibly sunk and narror.

Everything written in this post is from my own personal experiance only, do take anything you rear with a grain of salt, for all you know I could be trollin'

aaronng
09-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Even -3º camber is going to wear the inside of the tyres after driving about 7000km. That was what I experienced and I had only lowered my car by 1 inch! Hardly slammed at all. The main tread of the tyre was fine as I had the wheel alignment done. However, the rear camber was obviously not adjustable with stock arms so the inner edge of the tyre was worn out pretty badly. I reckon you can reach the steel belt after driving like this for about 10000-12000km. So it is best to get the rear camber adjusted to back within the -1º specification using a rear camber kit.