PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Help!

dudeling7
20-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey i am wanting to replace my stock headlights on my 6th gen EK coupe and was wanting a more whiter or blueish tinged light. I am thinking between Phillips Bluevision, Bosch ones that the shop attendant said had a purple tinge or some Narva Arctic blue's. Which out of these has the most noticeable tinge of colour, as anyone had experience with them? I dont really like the yellowish stock colour so any help and experience with these globes will be good thanks!

SiR
20-01-2005, 11:28 PM
I've tried both the Philips Diamond vision and Bosch ones.

The diamond vision range is meant to be slightly superior to the blue vision (?) and has a very noticeable blue hue/tinge to it (colour 5k).
Unfortunately, my 1st set didn't last that long (both bulbs blew within a year) and now I'm on my 2nd set. I'm hoping that the 1st set was just a one-off *touch-wood*.

The Bosch, however, remains my favourite. I don't know what 'k' they are, but it was a very noticeable purple and lasted for ages (in excess of 2.5 years). Shame I couldn't find them when I was shopping for new bulbs cos otherwise, I would've gone back to Bosch.

Hope this helps.

dudeling7
21-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanx alot SiR for that info i think i might go with bosch now. The only plus side of the phillips is that they come with a set of parkers with them. If i got the bosch ones what parkers could i use along with them?

SiR
21-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Parkers? As in the small light thingie?

I'm just using standard ones cos my Philips never came with parkers.

dudeling7
21-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah the small light things. Probably use normal ones then because the ones i have seen of phillips come in a whole set. Do you know if the bosch ones are road legal??

SiR
21-01-2005, 05:44 PM
I can't tell you if they're legal or not cos I don't know. Having said that, the light colour isn't that attention attracting - mostly white with a hint of purple and during the time I had them, I had no problems with cops.

dudeling7
21-01-2005, 11:47 PM
thanks again for the info. Lastly i was wondering if you knew the name of the Bosch Globes and their wattage?? And would you reccommend the Bosch ones over Phillips Bluevisions? For what reasons. Thanks again for your help which will help me decide what to get.