PDA

View Full Version : In need of EACV/IAC for d16 vti eg

Dimizzz
04-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Hey guys i have came to notice that once my water pump had gone on my car it has destroyed my EACV and now im having a funny idle problem when car is cold revving from 2000rpm to 1000rpm back and forth bouncing (yeah people say it sounds tuff soundling like i have cam work) but it is really starting to give me the S****... If anyone has or knows where i can get one from would be much appriciated... thanks heaps for the help

dougie_504
04-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Just so you know it's IACV, it's called 'EACV' for the ITR I think? Same think essentially.

Have you taken it off and given it a clean?

And also do you know if the IACV is the save for all D-series EFI engines? Because I'm going to the wrecker later today but I don't think they have any Y1 engines.

Dimizzz
04-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah i have given it a clean with carby cleaner but still no good :( and im not to sure if they are the same might have to do a bit more research on that..

markismaximus
04-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey guys i have came to notice that once my water pump had gone on my car it has destroyed my EACV and now im having a funny idle problem

a little confused at what exactly you are talking about. what does your idle have to do with your water pump. you don't need to touch anything idle related when changing a water pump.

Dimizzz
04-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Well with the water pump there are water lines that go into EACV which is located behind the inlet manifold so it does have a bit of a relation that actually does control part of your cold starting and actually revs the car for you when its cold making the car warm up with no issues (auto choke)

markismaximus
04-01-2011, 02:17 PM
those lines come from the head not the water pump. water pump moves water, has nothing to do with temp at all. water pump rotates all the time, not only when engines hot.

Dimizzz
04-01-2011, 02:34 PM
yes they come from the head but when my water pump let go there was no water getting into my EACV and there for it ran dry and obvisouly destroyed it....

markismaximus
04-01-2011, 02:38 PM
thats what I was trying to clarify with my previous post... your OP is not overly clear on all the details

Dimizzz
06-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Thanks for all the help guys found out what the problem was it was my TPS as it was causing my car to idle hunt from 2k to 1k repeating its self over and over until the car was warm then idle was sticking at 1.5k :D

dougie_504
06-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Good on you man