PDA

View Full Version : Installing Nisan 350z coupe cargo net in CL9 Accord Euro

akopulko
04-01-2011, 09:58 PM
I thought it may be useful for someone who needs simple solution for cargo net in Accord Euro.
As many people I hate when there is something in the boot producing unnecessary noise during driving and especially when driving via those small roundabouts, so I was looking for cargo net to hold stuff in the boot.
As I found, original Honda cargo net installation would require some drilling to install hooks and I was not willing to do that. it also looks more like the net bag.
By reading Acura forums in US I found that many people are using small cargo net from Nissan 350z in their Acura TSX models.
I did few phone calls to local Nissan dealers and was quoted with some ridiculous price so I went on eBay and found US based seller. At the end I bought this net for $43 delivered, and delivery was quick. Bought on 29/12 received 04/01.
Install was as easy as it could be. Just use 4 d-rings in your boot to hook the net and that is all. I've also got boot cover pad in my car so I just did few little holes in it with dremel to access d-rings.

Here is the pic:

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8456/imagenjc.jpg

gumus89
04-01-2011, 10:18 PM
One word: Cool

Youngster
04-01-2011, 10:58 PM
That's a good idea.

aaronng
05-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Did you cut through the boot tray to access the two D-rings underneath?
I'm doing the same but with a $20 cargo net from Super Cheap.

akopulko
05-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Did you cut through the boot tray to access the two D-rings underneath?
I'm doing the same but with a $20 cargo net from Super Cheap.

Yes, I made a little cuts in the tray with dremel.

Wish I know that SuperCheap i selling cargo nets with 4 hooks for $20 :) All those I've seen were with 6 hooks and were not very tight if you only attach it 4 corner hooks.

aaronng
05-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes, I made a little cuts in the tray with dremel.

Wish I know that SuperCheap i selling cargo nets with 4 hooks for $20 :) All those I've seen were with 6 hooks and were not very tight if you only attach it 4 corner hooks.
I got mine ages ago, I think in 2005. Not sure if they are still selling it now.

The 4 hook one that I have is not perfect in size like the 350Z one that you have though. It is loose in the left-right direction, but tight in the front-rear direction.

tron07
11-01-2011, 10:08 AM
I just stick some velcro on to the bottom of a box, and stick it onto the carpet... works well and pretty much free.