PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start

Trice
05-01-2011, 03:19 AM
i drive a integra gsi 94 it cranks fine, batt is fine, fuel pump is fine. Just wanted to pinpoint that it is the distributor or ignition. a mobile mech came and had a look opened the cap for the distributor and checked the readings and said there was no spark and would replace it for $800 which i said no too. Not sure what to do at the moment, any suggestions?

just wanted to add that distributor was spinning so i dont think its the timing belt

Bludger
05-01-2011, 04:16 AM
Replace the distributor like what the mechanic said would be a good start..........

Shop around, you can get it a lot cheaper than eight hundren dollars.

EDCivic
05-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Not sure about your distributor but it could be constructed similar to our Civic when it did the same thing ie no spark. It turned out to be the coil which is built internally in the dizzy and is a replacable part. All up around $200 fitted.

Lukey
05-01-2011, 09:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K78XIhhjAQ

Trice
08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
well theres no spark at the coil, and ive been trying to unscrew the rotor screw to check the readings for the ICM and ignition but the screw isnt coming off? Tried WD40 and still nothing, its like its impossible to take out unless i break the rotor :s

Trice
09-01-2011, 01:23 PM
any ideas..?

57U-00
09-01-2011, 03:31 PM
sounds like something to do with the distributor... u may have a faulty point which wouldn't necessarily require replacing the whole distributor...

start at the beginning and work back... take the distributor cap off and use some emery paper to tidy up the points inside... if u still have no luck after that, go to the wreckers and get a 2nd hand distributor cap, try that... if it doesn't work then try to replace the rotor arm.... at least that way u don't have to replace the entire unit if u don't really need to... don't take my word for gospel tho, just offering advice from issues I've had in the past... u may have to do the whole thing... just a suggestion for a possible quick / cheap / easy fix...

Trice
12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
turned out to be the module

EgFanatic
13-01-2011, 10:01 AM
what module was fried ?i have the same problem with my eg5 atm, i need more answers.

nugget
13-01-2011, 11:42 AM
what module was fried ?i have the same problem with my eg5 atm, i need more answers.

when he says module, i thinks his saying ICM- Ignition control module.

your car cant start?

Lukey
13-01-2011, 11:55 AM
follow that youtube video i posted to work out if you arent getting spark.

i had a no spark problem a few months back and from memory it was the coil that shit itself.

i followed that youtube video and was able to work out which part i needed to replace.