PDA

View Full Version : Euro Vs. JDM Prelude

EuroAccord13
21-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Well, had a good night tonight, was put up against my friend's friend JDM Prelude.. we had two runs and lucky to say, I won both times whew... It was two fantastic races we had.. he was keeping up with me till I kicked second and kept him off...

Got it on phone video, it's crappy but I'll post them up soon :)

CHEERS

Nick

h22a accord
21-01-2005, 08:03 AM
nice. what sort of prelude was it other than it being JDM.

McChook
21-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Interesting.... Becuase I've never had a Euro beat me....

Was it a 4th gen - if so, auto??

yfin
21-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Interesting.... Becuase I've never had a Euro beat me....

Was it a 4th gen - if so, auto??Not every Euro is modded like Nicks. Can your Prelude do 0-100 in 7 seconds flat, 15.25 over the 1/4? If not, yours would also lose to his Euro.

McChook
21-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Not every Euro is modded like Nicks. Can your Prelude do 0-100 in 7 seconds flat, 15.25 over the 1/4? If not, yours would also lose to his Euro.Actually, have a VERY modified Euro that lives up the road - Gram lights, mugen exhaust and intake, etc, and its no faster. I used to follow it to work every day for 5 months

Sure, I only did a 15.7, but hopefully (hopefully....) she's about to reel off a sub 15 on its next run... in 3 weeks....

But I'm always up for a challenge

yfin
22-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Actually, have a VERY modified Euro that lives up the road - Gram lights, mugen exhaust and intake, etc, and its no faster. I used to follow it to work every day for 5 months

Sure, I only did a 15.7, but hopefully (hopefully....) she's about to reel off a sub 15 on its next run... in 3 weeks....

But I'm always up for a challengeStock out of the box the 6mt Euro is definately sub 16. Sounds like your car is pretty close to to that over the 1/4 at legal track races. The VAFC has produced some nice gains on Nick's Euro - more than just an exhaust and intake will do.

Hey - big diff between 15.7 and sub 15. What are your plans for the car? :)

sesshoumaru
22-01-2005, 12:23 PM
sounds like no contest really if all he could do is keep up with you in first gear.

Weq
22-01-2005, 12:49 PM
whats all this till 2nd gear? porches keep up with me till 2nd, doesnt mean they ever had a chance!

McChook
22-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Stock out of the box the 6mt Euro is definately sub 16. Sounds like your car is pretty close to to that over the 1/4 at legal track races. The VAFC has produced some nice gains on Nick's Euro - more than just an exhaust and intake will do.

Hey - big diff between 15.7 and sub 15. What are your plans for the car? :)From 15.7 to 15 - remove 50kgs of stereo, spare tyres, cds, seats, etc
and change back to 16s with Yoko A032Rs
Drag on a cooler night, not a 45 degree night.....
and run a sub 15

EuroAccord13
22-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Anyway keep it cool.. If I strip my car I'll do 14s too easy :P :P

I like to race my car as it is just for the kicks of it...

All I know from the JDM lude is it's got a 147Kw engine and LSD.....

McChook
22-01-2005, 06:17 PM
All I know from the JDM lude is it's got a 147Kw engine and LSD.....
Manual or auto
4th or 5th gen

Blew_lude
22-01-2005, 09:49 PM
my stock prelude does 10 seconds..so what?

Blew_lude
22-01-2005, 09:52 PM
lets just say the JDM prelude he was racing just happens to be a Prelude S auto with clear tail lights!

Pffff, after i kick it into second, ud be lucki to be in my rear view mirror, let alone all the way back at the last set of lights!

Enough said!

EuroAccord13
23-01-2005, 01:36 AM
I forgot to add, it's a manual sorry..

Blew Lude, what's your technical mulfunction? Has any Euros offended you in any way?....

Nice to your your lude run a fantastic time of 10 secs :rolleyes:

yfin
23-01-2005, 10:47 AM
lets just say the JDM prelude he was racing just happens to be a Prelude S auto with clear tail lights!

Pffff, after i kick it into second, ud be lucki to be in my rear view mirror, let alone all the way back at the last set of lights!

Enough said!
The Euro and the VTI-R lude are much closer than that. The weight is not majorly different - 1325 vs 1390 - the engine specs are similar (lude slightly more kw but Euro more torque) - the gearbox in the Euro is a closer ratio 6 speed vs 5 speed in the lude.

I am not saying a stock standard 6mt Euro is faster - all I am saying is that it is closer than your post suggests. And with a modified Euro like Nicks - it is no amazing feat he beat the lude.

McChook
23-01-2005, 10:52 AM
The Euro and the VTI-R lude are much closer than that. The weight is not majorly different - 1325 vs 1390 - the engine specs are similar (lude slightly more kw but Euro more torque) - the gearbox in the Euro is a closer ratio 6 speed vs 5 speed in the lude.

The 6 speed boxes aren;t all that close a ratio.... about the same as the 4th gen VTiR with an extra gear...

Da1nONLY
23-01-2005, 11:11 AM
I'll say the Lude over the Euro =P..
The Euro goes like a Quad Cam V6 Camry.

redliner
23-01-2005, 11:26 AM
wasnt there a similar thread of this somewhere b4 or izit jus me?

yfin
23-01-2005, 02:47 PM
The Euro goes like a Quad Cam V6 Camry.On that logic - the Prelude VTiR goes like a Quad Cam V6 - as it is just as slow - if not a bees dick faster than the Euro.

yfin
23-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Read the Ozhonda terms and conditions before you post. Also - a friendly word of legal advice - don't publicly say someone is a liar unless you are prepared for the consequences. Oh, and if you don't think EEO/discrim legislation applies to this forum (the homophobic remark) - think again. Appalling post. :thumbdwn:

6. If you have or are not sure about making a comment/post which you think may be defamatory then seek legal advice before making such a comment/post. If in doubt, DO NOT post. Do not contact Ozhonda as we are not lawyers.

7. Any defamatory comments that are made need to be dealt with by the parties involved and a legal representative/court. Ozhonda bears no responsibility in this.

preludacris
23-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Yo Blew Lude, get back into your corner! Did i say you could move? I told you to keep looking for pics of you lude so you can show me. I really wanna see you lude man, and which part of sydney do you live in??

Dun worry bout him yfin, he just tries to come up with gay sayings like skid marks in undies jokes all day. Prolly memorises them all from teen movies.... aint that right blue lewd?

Go back to your corner man and stay there until i say you can move....

Spoon-Accord
24-01-2005, 02:01 AM
good stuff nick.. happy for yah.
i got an accord too.. not a euro..
buh u probably eat me alive!! :(

lolz

:P

Ken

Sp3rMz
24-01-2005, 06:45 AM
It seems like another dog fight has stirred up again. Can you guys please hold back with your personal attacks. Next time please read the terms and conditions. If you continue in such matter in future, further action will have to be taken.

Defamatory comments

3. Ozhonda does not tolerate defamatory comments and is in no way whatsoever responsible for any defamatory comments that are made by or against others (including other users, individuals and organisations).

4. Where such comments are made, Ozhonda Administrators and Moderators aim to remove such posts as best they can but it is impossible to monitor every post due to the large volume of posts.

5. If a defamatory comment/post is made against you email one of the administrators or moderators as well as forums@ozhonda.com and that post will be removed. If you are unhappy with this outcome, seek legal advice and/or action against the person/user who made that comment on your own accord. Do not contact Ozhonda as we are not lawyers. The best we can do is to remove such comments, and provide legal authorities with requested information.

6. If you have or are not sure about making a comment/post which you think may be defamatory then seek legal advice before making such a comment/post. If in doubt, DO NOT post. Do not contact Ozhonda as we are not lawyers.

7. Any defamatory comments that are made need to be dealt with by the parties involved and a legal representative/court. Ozhonda bears no responsibility in this.

8. If requested to do so by the law, Ozhonda will hand over any requested information to the relevant authorities relating to the issue at hand. Such information includes (but is not limited to) the users IP address and posting date/time (all of which are logged and stored for each and every registered user on Ozhonda). How the authorities use this is out of Ozhonda’s responsibility. Due to privacy reasons, this information will only be supplied to the relevant legal authority and cannot be given out to other users, individuals or organisations.

-Tien

Sp3rMz
02-02-2005, 03:24 PM
No more street racing.

Read the new rules.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14959