PDA

View Full Version : Safe Camber settings for AP1

garett
05-01-2011, 06:08 PM
hi guys

i have just put a set of 17x8 +35 FR and 17x9 +38
with 215/45/17 FR & 235/45/17

very happy with the fitment!!
my guards are stock as a rock and it hardly scrubs at all surprisingly after every post i have read on settings and guard rolling. i plan on getting the guards to rolled this weekend as i took it for a decent drive today and it only scrubbed with 2 people in the car and when i hit a decent bump.

my car is currently lowered on king springs and i have a set of tein coilovers on the way.
when the teins are fitted i plan on running it at the same height which is about 10mm above the tyre.

on friday i have it booked for a wheel alignment as i want the tyres to wear well.
can anyone suggest a good setting for this car, i dont want any camber wear in the tyres but a little more negative camber would be good as they just stick out slightly.

whats a safe setting to request?
also im planning on going to doncaster bob jane as they are good and have been there with a few cars. if anyone can suggest a good alignment place out my side of town (glen waverley area) id appreciate it too.

thanks

vyets
05-01-2011, 07:26 PM
anything under -4degrees is safe as long as you run 0 toe all round. Toe is the tyre killer !

However with your tyre setting and height I would suggest -2degrees rear and -1.5 front with 0 toe if you run more camber your wheels will just stick in more since your only running 235's just run less camber.

garett
05-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Cheers mate :)

garett
06-01-2011, 02:18 PM
just called them to book it in.

i asked about requesting my own camber settings and they said that they wouldnt do it?
and would only set it to factory settings.

i think ill look elsewhere. can anyone suggest a decent place to do it in Melbourne.
my side of town preferably (glen waverley) but will travel if i need to.

aozora
06-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Hey Garett - Try Traction Tyres.

They setup specific alignments :)
http://www.tractiontyres.com.au/

65 Kelletts Road, Rowville, Vic. 3178, Australia.
PH. (03) 9764 2811, FAX. (03) 9764 8740.

Never had a problem with them. Can be a bit pricier than your standard place but worth it.
Cost me $80 once then $120 another time cause it took longer to get the settings right. They usually provide a print out from their laser alignment machine too so you know they're not fudging you around :p

garett
06-01-2011, 08:01 PM
thanks mate!

funny you mentioned them after a few calls i got onto them and have it booked in for tomorrow arvo.

9large
07-01-2011, 11:23 AM
If you find that the car is a little twitchy for you, you might find it more user-friendly with a few mm of toe-in on the rear. Your new wheels have fit in fairly easily because they're not overly huge and your tyres are relatively narrow :)

garett
07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Great place guys, highly recommend, talked me through it all
Got a small amount of toe as the recommend it to reduce tracking under brakes etc