PDA

View Full Version : leaking brakes

TJsol
07-01-2011, 03:35 PM
hey guys,

Got a problems with my brake fluid leaking out of my car.. When I leave the car in the garage the fluid leaks all over the floor. The MC seems not to be leaking and brake lines are newish.. The puddle of fluid is aroud the MC/abs area.

Any one have any ideas?? Maybe the abs is leaking??

Thanks..

na-118
07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
look under the dash get a torch have a look around the pedal, have a feel to see where its leaking from it usually a common problem

are you loosing fluid from resevoir?

TJsol
08-01-2011, 08:14 AM
had a look under the pedal.. nothin leaking from ther. Yea im loosing fluid frm the reservoir. The leak look somewher from my engine bay area?

markismaximus
08-01-2011, 08:42 AM
If its leaking in the bay you should be able to see where from by following the trail of lifting paint (brake fluid makes paint slowly bubble and flake off)

have you worked on the brakes recently? sounds like you replaced the lines?

was anything damaged in the process?

what was removed?

was it leaking before you changed stuff?

na-118
08-01-2011, 09:33 AM
pressurerise the system and see where it's leaking from

Lancere6
08-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Could be the rubber seal on the reservoir has gone (stiffened up) or isn't in properly. This will cause it to leak once its under pressure as the seal is not in place or working - maybe try replacing it.

thanks

markismaximus
08-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Could be the rubber seal on the reservoir has gone (stiffened up) or isn't in properly. This will cause it to leak once its under pressure as the seal is not in place or working - maybe try replacing it.

thanks

the reservoir is never under pressure

na-118
08-01-2011, 12:21 PM
get a spare cap for the mc drill a 3/16 hole and get a air blower in it,,, diy style

you will need to flush it, new brake fluid and bleed system up again if you do that styles

TJsol
09-01-2011, 07:41 PM
i have taken the wheels off, and searched the brake lines.. no fluid leaking from them!

There looks to be some brake fluid top of the abs.. But no signs of wher the fluid is coming frm..