PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Screw

JohnnyJohnJohn
07-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey guys,

Just found out the reason my idle fluctuates after a run, whether it would be a moderate/long or just a quick drive to the shops is because some how my idle adjustment screw which is located on top of the TB is being move maybe through the vibrations of the engine and is quite loose. Is there anyway I could fix this without having to take the whole TB assembly off?

I have a D16A8 if it helps, if pics are needed let me know.

Cheers.

markismaximus
08-01-2011, 06:53 AM
apply 2 small drops of loctite (low strength variety) to the outer edges of the screw. Wait 24h for it to dry before driving the car

JohnnyJohnJohn
08-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Ok cool ill give it ago, its ok for me to just unscrew the screw right? or is there a special way of doing it? cause its quite hesitant to unscrew once it reaches a certain point so i dnt really want to force it.

markismaximus
08-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Ok cool ill give it ago, its ok for me to just unscrew the screw right? or is there a special way of doing it? cause its quite hesitant to unscrew once it reaches a certain point so i dnt really want to force it.

why are you trying to unscrew it??? you have misunderstood me.

adjust your idle as required and place 2 drops on the OUTER edges of the screw. Not on the thread.

DO NOT REMOVE THE SCREW AT ALL!

where the green dots are ----->

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd121/mx83cressida/Honda%20FSM%20Pages/idle.jpg

JohnnyJohnJohn
08-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Yea I thought so lol, Will try this out and let you know, thx mate appreciate it!