PDA

View Full Version : Cl9 steering noise, warranty work

trevork86
07-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Hello everyone,

Seeking your expertise on this...

About three months ago, my Euro started to develop a plastic squeeeking noise from steering.

It's audible when turning under load or when car's stationary. Once car's moving, no issues.

The car has done 30k and was 2.5 years old.

Last week, took the car for 30 months service in Rosebury and reported the issue to the dealer.

They confirmed noise from steering rack and told me steering rack needs to be overhauled to fix this, it will be covered under warranty, and it's a three days' job.

They told me something in the line that 'a socket' is 1 cm too long so they need to replace it.

Strangely enough the noise only appeared recently..

Currently there's no leaking of any fluid or any other issues with the car.

1.Can someone with similar experience share if power steering rack overhaul's gonna be a permanent solution to the noise?

2.How complex is the job as I'm also concerned the way this is going to be done, does this involve taking apart dash board etc?
I'm a bit worried when I get my car back, it will also come with rattling noise or interior damage.

3.I'm also at the point whether to extend the warranty on the vehicle. Apart from above, the car is problem free. I don't think there's need to purchase the extended warranty, but, if I let the dealer carry out the warranty work, there's future risk that there might be leakage or similar problems..

Gosh... live and learn... just cant seem to trust a dealer nowadays.

Thanks for your time and help!

Trevor

Youngster
07-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Thread already started.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?144111-Squeaky-steering-wheel-on-CL9-Accord-Euro