PDA

View Full Version : Lude Question

dciisir
08-01-2011, 01:51 AM
Hi All,

I have been thinking of getting a Prelulde VTIR in the next 2-3 months. I saw that there is an ATTS model as well. How does one tell whether it is an ATTS model and not just the VTIR ? Are there any distinguishing features like lights that come on in the dash etc ? Something that is beyond badging or stickers. Also, does the ATTS model suffer more problems etc ? Thanks

6thgear
08-01-2011, 11:06 AM
easiest way to tell would be to check for the ATTS light when turning on the ignition (this is a USDM dash but similar deal):

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f38/StephanieEmeffin/cars/Lude-Gtp/DSC08492.jpg

gumus89
08-01-2011, 02:51 PM
If it has stock wheels they are straight spoked, not curved blades like VTiR's. Also, the centre cap will have an indented "H" as opposed to the shitty printed black H on the VTiR centre caps.
ATTS models all came with spoilers as opposed to the choice with the VTiR.
It should have a red ATTS sticker on the bootlid.
ATTS comes with painted stock sideskirts and rear lip that comes black on VTiRs.
Oh, and check under the bonnet for the transmission code. It will be M2V5 if VTiR and M2X4 if ATTS.

I accept rep, I dont have much :P

phattzy
09-01-2011, 04:19 PM
o gums its not that bad dude , i know nothing when it comes to the vtir-atts , so ive just learnt something +1 for street cred dude , haha

zedries
10-01-2011, 11:40 AM
+1 although no-one amswered if there was any additiona problems with the atts as opposed to the VTIR? I am curious to build my knowledge on the 5th gens .. well, generally!

curtis265
10-01-2011, 01:20 PM
I have heard of issues with teh atts system, specifics - i don't know exactly,

however it would be logical, considering that there's more to go wrong with.. if u get what i mean

gumus89
10-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Nothing that I have heard of really. I know you cant increase the power too much over stock because the ATTS unit will shut itself off and you will lose it.

dciisir
10-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. I think I will stick to the normal VTIRs for now. Just wondering what kind of k's do u get from the lude normal driving ?

curtis265
11-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I get about 9.5 L/100km, which is expectable

Make sure you check how much oil it's burning hey, i think i'm burning a bit under 1L/1000km... quite bad really

safetycar
15-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Should point out that on AUDM's the ATTS light doesn't actually say ATTS like it does on USDM's. Posted a picture somewhere around here, but basically it is a diff symbol. Also there will be two ATTS lines running between the engine and the battery to the ATTS cooler. Take a look at an ATTS and regular engine bay and you will spot them in 2 secs.

dciisir
16-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Does anyone have a screenshot of an ATTS engine bay with the ATTS lines ? I have been looking at carsales. Not many in Vic for sale. Only 14 :( And some are quite pricey.

6thgear
17-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Should point out that on AUDM's the ATTS light doesn't actually say ATTS like it does on USDM's. Posted a picture somewhere around here, but basically it is a diff symbol. Also there will be two ATTS lines running between the engine and the battery to the ATTS cooler. Take a look at an ATTS and regular engine bay and you will spot them in 2 secs.

heres your pic heheh...the bulbs probably blown if the light doesnt light up...
also another check could be the atts fuses - fuse 1 and 28 in the interior fuse box where the boot pop up is. refer to page 244 if you have a manual handy

http://www.brokenlogic.net/atts.jpg