PDA

View Full Version : B16 into EG vei wiring issues

marc ED3
08-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Hi all :)

Over the last couple of days my bro and i have swapped a jdm B16a into my 93 civic vei sedan. We finished a little while ago and what we thought would be a fairly simple plug and play with the wiring hasnt turned out that way :(

the car had the D15z1 vtec-e motor which we understand to be obd1 the same as the B16, when we swapped the ecu's there was no adapter harness needed to plug the B16 one in, however we are now thinking we might need one as when we go to turn the car over all that happens is that the fan turns on :confused:
also in the engine bay harness on the passenger side there is a plug for which there isnt another on the engine harness to plug into it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/db_junkie_uk/DSCF0165.jpg

here is a photo of the plug, the colours are blue/yellow, white/blue, yellow/white, white/black, blue/green and orange/blue.
if anyone knows of any online wiring diagrams or other good info could you shoot us a link, we've been searching but with no real luck, we even went o the library but the best we could get there was for EK or DC2.

any help would be greatly appreciated as we're a bit stumped and i realy need to get it going because i go back to work monday lol

thanks a lot

Mike

d15z1SUX
08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
sounds similar to mine. i put a b16a into my vei, there is also that plug which has nothing to plug into. except mine runs.

jdmEG5
08-01-2011, 05:26 PM
the fan turns on? I remember this problem happened to me as well, check the thick ground cable from the starter motor to the chassis..

logical
08-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Make sure your engine and GB is also grounded.. My mate did a swap and tried to start the motor but nothing happened until I had a look and realized that he was missing both the GB and engine grounding cables.

dorikin
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
The ground strap is from the gearbox to chassis, not starter motor..

If your ecu plugs into the main wire harness, you won't need an adaptor harness. Both your ECU and main wire harness are OBD1 so no problems there.

The wires:
http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/diy/pgmfi/ecu/PGMFI-pins1-2.jpg

blue/yellow, - Pin B16 = RPMG

white/blue, - Pin B14 = TDCM - TDC Ground M-side input

yellow/white, - Pin D20 = VCC2 Sensor voltage for TPS

white/black, - Pin D12 = EGRL - EGR Valve lift sensor

blue/green - Pin B15 = RPMP

orange/blue. - Pin B13 - TDCP - TDC Ground P-side input

Theres also a couple extra things when converting to B16A, such as wiring for O2 sensor (4 wires), knock sensor wiring, and JDM models have Electrical Load Detector (ELD)

Did you reconnect the power wire from battery to starter motor?

jdmEG5
09-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Yeah my bad I relised .. Lol I was having a hangover when I posted that comment..

marc ED3
09-01-2011, 03:44 PM
cheers for the help everyone, got it all together now. it turned out i hadnt earthed the gearbox lol. i'm glad it was such an easy fix and i'm very happy to be vtecing again :D :D

thanks again

mike