PDA

View Full Version : What else to take ?

EDCivic
08-01-2011, 06:24 PM
"I had the luck so to speak to find a 1990 Civic 4 dr sedan wreck (was hit in back big time) and as it has only done 170 k's I thought it would be an excellent donor car for ours so I have been busy taking those items that will come in handy to repair ours (we have a wrecking yard here in Adelaide that you take the bits off yourself at excellent prices). So far I bought the steering rack, the dizzy, all the door trims, a passenger seat, the top and bottom part of the rear seat and I pulled its motor out to get the auto tranny"

Went back today and grabbed the exterior door mouldings and weather seals, but I was thinking what else should I get electronic/engine managment wise that could be hard to come by before this wreck gets tossed eg the control box mounted on the firewall, any solenoids etc :confused:

na-118
08-01-2011, 07:49 PM
take door locks as they **** out over time,, buy the whole car actually

EDCivic
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Must admit one did 2 years back so good thinking thanks. I have already taken the front door power windows motors figuring they are the most used. Regardng the whole car they sell them for $900 and this is not in a state for transporting !!!