PDA

View Full Version : Engine siezed - Hope not.

xclusive_eg8
08-01-2011, 11:32 PM
hey guys,

I bought a spare D15 about 5 months ago and have had it sit on an engine stand in the shed untouched. Thought Id turn it over today and well it didnt move at all, so I pryed the fly wheel and am getting about 10 degrees movement back and forth but not a full revolution. The engine has not had hardly any moisture get on it well except for few rain drops on the block but nothing got inside. I remember when buying the engine it did turn over fine, but now its stuck. :o

PS: I kinda forgot to put oil in it, so its been sitting dry for a while with plugs IM and headers still on.

Any help would be great, was thinking of droping it in a shell with my spare gearbox and drive shafts and well trying to start else kick start it. This time with oil and penetration oil on cylinders.

na-118
09-01-2011, 07:03 PM
if you can't turn the motor by hand just get a 12 volt battery directly on the starter and see if it turns,,,

other option is to remove the spark plugs,,,
put about 250-300 mls of oil down, leave it for a few days and see if it seeps down or not,, if it does your sweet to keep and try to turn it over by hand,,, only way to lube the seals up etc,,,

if you do get it turning and get a 12 volt on it,, dont rev the **** out of it because sludge will be pouring out from exhaust like no tomorrow,,, and dont rev it hard because there maybe a chance you **** a seal

xclusive_eg8
09-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks man, only person on ozhonda once again to have a real solution.

Iv put some good penetration oil in there that I keep putting in everyday. There's probs about 100mL in each cylinder by now, but yea I didn't think about putting starter on with 12V battery. Shall try that this week for sure, as I said it's rocking back and forth about 5 fly wheel teeth each way, dunno if that's shaft play or pistons are actually moving a little. But man can't believe I forgot to put oil in, slipped my mind completely.

Btw iv got some spare 2 stroke oil here, it's a bit thinner than car oil. Should I put a little in?

na-118
09-01-2011, 09:58 PM
i'd suggest to leave the oil for a few days maybe about 3 days and see if its gone done any at all?

get a 12volt on the stater just bypass coolant hoses if need be etc,, not gona harm the engine unless your revving the **** out of it

xclusive_eg8
10-01-2011, 08:05 PM
thanks for all your help bud

took out plugs last night and saw some mild orange coloured rust around the rings. So I cut open a can of WD40 and poured about well 100ML down each cylinder and left over night expecting it not to do much. But this morning WD40 was gone though(except cylinder 1 for some reason) tapped it with a mallet a few times tryed with breaker bar- nothing, then got about 2 foot pipe for some leverage and well it turned. VERY easily, was expecting alot of resistance but it spun like a normal engine which is very good.

Put some 2 stroke oil/petrol mix into cylinders now, just to make sure it dont happen again.

BTW whats easiest way to open the crank nut?? want to spray the cover and change timing belt

na-118
10-01-2011, 11:48 PM
that's good to hear, knew it would work ,,,

rattle gun man,,
or breaker bar