PDA

View Full Version : How do I replace my standard indicators?

Nerdfest09
10-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Hi guys, I searched but only came up with for sale posts? I bought clear side indicators for my ek sedan and want to know how to pull the standard ones out to replace them? do I need to remove the inner guard or do I slide/pull them from the outside? any help would be great.

thanks everyone

kcokla
10-01-2011, 06:29 PM
use a plastic screw driver device - commonly used for taking off interior bits. You could use a metal one but say hello to scratched paint - wedge it under the indicator on the rear side and i believe it should pop out

da12nv
10-01-2011, 07:45 PM
the best way to do it would be to unscrew the back half of the splash tray (inner gaurd) so you can get your hand in there to pop out the tab on the back of the light. the plastic tab should be on the back half of the indicator then unconnect the wire connect new one and pop in. finish by putting the screws back in on the splash tray and your done.

Nerdfest09
11-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Cool, thanks for that guys! great help!

joel89
06-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Did it the other day there is a gruve on 1 side of indicator push a screw driver in and pull out that easy

Bludger
06-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Just wrap a rag over the screw driver so it doesn't scratch your panels.

Red_EG4
06-04-2011, 06:08 PM
Did it the other day there is a gruve on 1 side of indicator push a screw driver in and pull out that easy

this, if they're like EG side markers, take a close look and you'll notice a gap that you put a flat head screwdriver into and it releases the light.