PDA

View Full Version : **** Engine conversions for Ek Sedan ****

ICVCI
06-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Im after info on engine swaps for ek sedans. atm im contemplating either recoing my gear box, or just do an engine + trans swap.

however, the 1/2 cut that is being imported is an integra[1989 LS shape]. im kinda sitting on the fence about getting this because, firstly, its from an teg and its an older engine. but it is still a b16a...

but, if i do decide to go through with this 1/2 cut, would it be a straight swap or would i have to change things like, engine mounts, drive shafts, brakes, cv joints, computer etc on my car... remember that the engine is coming out of a teg.

if anyone here has info on doing this please pm. i want solid info, not the usual, i think or it could type stuff.

thanks
Lenan

bennjamin
06-12-2003, 07:06 PM
the very first thing u shoudl think about is that " IS the b16a out of the LS a AUTO or MANUAL ?"
The next thing u should research is " IS the LS b16a a HYDRO transmission OR a CABLE tranny ? " The latter coudl be quite a problem - as a cable cluth/trans in a normally hydraulic fluid-run car COULD pose a problem - you will need to change the trans over to hydro or just buy a b16a2 out of a local vtir - better this was spending alittle more money, so for more piece of mind.

IF you purchase and entire "half cut" BASICALLY you can swap pver all parts into your car - no major hassles.

But if its just the engine - there is untold amounts of goods that u will need for your new b16a.

Hope that kinda helps as a start !

ICVCI
06-12-2003, 07:40 PM
yeah, its a manual box...

i noticed though, honda makes weak gear boxes...

genesis
08-12-2003, 08:54 AM
honda makes weak gear boxes...
what makes you say that?

ICVCI
08-12-2003, 05:30 PM
i dunno, maybe im just generalising? am i?

cos after 135,000+ mine is making this bearing sorta noise in first and second. and when in neutral theres knocking/tapping, but when i put the clutch in, it goes away... i have already replaced the clutch, i though that would have done it, buh its still there...

wat do you recon?

2ds
08-12-2003, 06:29 PM
Meh, my '85 civic with about 250k on the clock(from memory) makes that sound in neutral, i stopped worrying about it when i realised i didn't drive anywhere in neutral =D

-2ds