PDA

View Full Version : modding a dc5r, which parts are interchangable?

rice_spirit
12-01-2011, 08:25 AM
sorry if this has been covered, before. i tried to search but most of the threads were about dc5r vs dc5s comparisons etc.

i was just wondering which aftermarket parts are interchangable between the dc5s and dc5r?(specifically the basic bolt on parts I/H/E and clutch/flywheel)

friend of mine is planning to buy a gruppe m intake which came off a dc5s, and he just wants to make sure it'll fit his dc5r

thanks in advance

Nepolian
12-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Pretty much the same car buddy, mostly cosmetic.....gearbox and ecu is about the only things that come to mind! Not the you'd need to change them!

DC5.Raven
12-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Pretty much the same car buddy, mostly cosmetic.....gearbox and ecu is about the only things that come to mind! Not the you'd need to change them!

^What he said. The only other thing that comes to mind is that DC5R Shocks/Springs are slightly different to DC5S Shocks/Springs.
The springs are wound in a different direction.
So DC5S springs wont work with DC5R shocks and the other way around.
However any DC5 Coilovers & Shock/Springs combo will work on either car.

Example: If you have DC5R Shocks then you must you DC5R Springs if you were to install these onto a DC5S. The reverse is also true (DC5S Shocks/Springs onto a DC5R).

rice_spirit
12-01-2011, 10:49 AM
thanks guys. appreciate it

Tai
12-01-2011, 11:00 AM
i think you cannot use older gen gruppe M intakes for pre face lift DC5R on the DC5S due to the different chasis brace for the pre and face lfit DC5.

You cannot plug and play with a cluster from a pre face lift to a face lift modem and vice versa.

Also ECU is different for pre face DC5R to face lift DC5S. ( ned conversion harness )

But Majority of I/H/E should be interchangeable.

Should google up the specific brand part online for experiences before buying it.