PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Civic EU3 Hatch feeling sluggish, normal ?

tiksie
12-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey guys,

Just had a quick question in regards to my EU3.

Whenever I'm driving under 3,000RPM, the car feels sluggish and even though I put my foot all the way down, it jerks most of the time (like its starving for fuel) and I can feel it shaking, but after 3,000RPM it tends to get better. Because I always change gears at about 2,500RPM, it becomes a bit annoying as it feels like it's lacking more power than it should.

Is this how they are normally ? Or would it be a problem possibly with the fuel filter ? Or even spark ?

I've changed spark plugs ever since, yet to change the fuel filter as I haven't been able to find any guides in how to do it on this Civic as I am still new to them.

Another question; Since these don't have leads, what exactly is it that has replaced the leads ? And where can I grab a new one from ? Just incase if that's the problem..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Aytac

CB7_OWNER
15-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Doubt it's your fuel filter.. wouldnt be so consistant at certain rpms.. You may find the fuel filter ( if your lucky tucked near the rear left passger wheel along side the fuel tank), or if the car has had a recall done in its life time, the fuel filter would have be relocated to in-tank. I.E under the rear seat in which case may be difficult for you to remove.

Coil packs replaced the leads. Its the 4 square shaped things ontop of the engine cover bolted down with a 10mm hex bolt which you must of removed to replace the sparks.

tiksie
17-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for that.

So could it possibly be due to faulty coil packs then ?