PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Engine Mounts

sk3103
12-01-2011, 11:22 PM
I have a slight vibration when the car is stationary and in gear.

I'm 100% sure that it is not a problem with automatic belt tensioner as it was replaced not too long ago.

I suspect that the problem is worn out engine mounts... I had a similar problem before with my previous car, DC2. Anyone replaced the engine mounts yet on your CL9? Mine is 2006 model.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Fredoops
12-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Mine's still on it's origionals, 130km done so far.

You dont happen to have aftermarket header/exhaust installed do you?

BusterSonic12
13-01-2011, 03:37 AM
if it is just slightly, you probably should just take it to your mech to have a quick look in the engine bay at the mounts and see if there are any sign of worn out mounts. i had replaced the one on my dc5R which we saw that one of the mounts were about to die so just replaced all of them at the same time.

tony1234
13-01-2011, 08:19 AM
Being an 06 i doubt it's engine mounts.Take it to a good mech and see what they have to say.Where in Sydney are you?

tron07
13-01-2011, 08:45 AM
I think how long the engine mounts last depends on the mileage you clock and how you drive/trash the car... I think they should easilly last you at least 80k kms

MrHeeltoe
13-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Many TSX automatics are reporting elevated vibration with just about every little modification. I personally think these cars just idle rough in gear because of the load on the engine. We have not seen engine mounts really go bad here consistently that I know of. But, it could be related I suppose.

shmivic
14-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Many TSX automatics are reporting elevated vibration with just about every little modification. I personally think these cars just idle rough in gear because of the load on the engine. We have not seen engine mounts really go bad here consistently that I know of. But, it could be related I suppose.

+1 heard this alot too.

some people have had luck by going to honda service and getting their idle speed raised slightly.

the down side of doing that is more heat soaking of the tranny fluid, which in the long run could become very expensive.

just a few simple things i would look into first would be to check the condition of your spark plugs and air filter.
clean or replace them both and see where you are afterwards.

sk3103
16-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Being an 06 i doubt it's engine mounts.Take it to a good mech and see what they have to say.Where in Sydney are you?

City but willing to travel a bit as long as they are good.

sk3103
16-01-2011, 12:34 AM
Hey mate,

How much did that operation set you back?

tony1234
16-01-2011, 08:53 AM
City but willing to travel a bit as long as they are good.

Top One at Arncliffe.95998965

superkk
20-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Top One at Arncliffe.95998965

yup go see Dedy, i have the same problem as you do. Very bad vibration after HID and Headers but dont noe if its the headers fault or HID.

Dedy checked that all four of my mounts are worn and is now squashing the stuff underneath that could be the reason its making the vibration, or my air-con compressor maybe at fault as well.

I changed the back mount just before he went on holidays at end of 2010, vibration went away just alittle, going back soon to get the front one done.

Definitely give Dedy a call :thumbsup: