PDA

View Full Version : Popping/Clicking noise from left or right rear jack points

yungquan
13-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Hello people! after extensively searching for the noise im getting in my car, i think i have finally found the solution to it but would love to get confirmation from anyone who might have encountered the same problem

http://home.comcast.net/~ressling/Acura%20TSB%2009-019.pdf

here's the link to the fix i have found in a website.

My car is lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit about 2 months ago but i doubt this is the cause of the problem for me. I have checked every possible bolt and torqued them correctly and still get a tap/knock noise when going over uneven roads. More obvious when the weather is hot (25++ degrees)

and i think its the spotweld or whatever it is that is mentioned in the fix in the link above. I'm wondering if anyone has had the same problem or if Honda Australia is even aware of this?

Cheers,
yung

TurBIce
14-01-2011, 06:03 AM
i dont have the same problem, ill try listen to it harder. i take it pretty much when your driving over a bump it happens?

yungquan
14-01-2011, 08:17 AM
i dont have the same problem, ill try listen to it harder. i take it pretty much when your driving over a bump it happens?

yeah small bumps only not big ones...and the smaller uneven-ness of the road will trigger the noise too...
in really bumpy roads, it seems to not happen that much..

and the noise only comes during hot days like now...no noise at all during winter. I think its the higher temperature thats causing the chasis to be softer compared to winter. Its only a minor knocking noise. Not serious at all but VERY ANNOYING!

would be good if more people can confirm hearing weird noises of this nature before i bring it up to Honda. TSB in the state has issued a fix on this problem and there's a recording of the noise in THIS (http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767257) thread and sounds exactly the same. descriptions sounded similar too. hmmm

CB7_OWNER
15-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Never heard of this problem in Australia, CU2 are Japan delivered, can't say the same for Acura which is US delivered?? Maybe the manufacturing process is a bit different..Your car would be under warranty still? Bring it to a dealership, and ask for a test drive with a technician to show the sound.