PDA

View Full Version : battery issue

JN7
14-01-2011, 07:05 PM
fellas, left my car untouched for 2-3 days and tried to start it today but it wouldn't start..
jumped started it and took it for a drive and left it off for 10-20 minutes and then tried to start it again and it REALLY struggled to start (the light on the cluster would almost go off and then it would start)

just extra info: i did recently install ap2 tail lights that have some problem with it where the tail lights are lit up regardless whether the car is off or on.

VeYzZii
14-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Drained battery.. Keep trying to jump start it.. If it doesnt jump start, it means the batterys not holding a charge.. So you need a new battery..
I lost my license recently and same problem with me.. I would have to jumpstart everyday to warm it up.. Came to a point where it couldnt jump start anymore, so i went and bought a new battery..

JN7
14-01-2011, 08:04 PM
what kind of battery are you using man? i kind of want one that's similar to OEM or a better one.
i think jump starting ****s with your car so i think i'll steer clear of that.

JN7
14-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I just tried to start the car again and it won't start (I even unplugged the harnesses for the tail lights)

garett
14-01-2011, 09:12 PM
the fact that your tail lights are allways on sounds like its the problem.

id be looking at that before anything.
as its probably draining your battery everytime you switch off the car.

JN7
14-01-2011, 09:21 PM
it's very LITTLE power outlet. my mate had his car off for a week and his car cranked fine

VeYzZii
14-01-2011, 10:10 PM
the fact that your tail lights are allways on sounds like its the problem.

id be looking at that before anything.
as its probably draining your battery everytime you switch off the car.

Even if that is the case, and the globe is sucking power, when plugged in (jump starting) it should kick over.. His problem is abit of both, but mainly the battery isnt holding a charge, a decent battery will keep the car powered without starting for a couple of weeks, even with a globe running..
Im running a Century, nothing fancy but does the job.. 120 odd bucks.

Clio
14-01-2011, 10:22 PM
My battery just died, have purchased an Odyssey pc680.
Sounds like your tail lights aren't helping the cause.

ludecrs
15-01-2011, 08:24 AM
As others have said, weak battery + tail lights.

I had the same problem even after a new battery. Found out it was my boot light that was constantly staying on.... now I just don't have a boot light and the problem is solved.

I run a Century battery NS60S or NS60LS I forget depends which way our terminals are. I think its an NS60S. If you check your battery it should say the code on there either NS60S or NS60LS.

JN7
15-01-2011, 11:43 AM
where do you get those bad boys? took my battery out and IRS a supercharged gold one so it mustve Been changed at least once already

Si1enzio
15-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Supercheap sells century batteries.
I got mine from there, about $140.

ludecrs
15-01-2011, 01:24 PM
^ As above. On the money. AUtobarn, SUpercheap, Marshalls, etc etc, all about $130-$150.

DoOFuSs
18-01-2011, 12:57 AM
On the topic off batteries, how long have/can you guys leave your s2ks untouched before your battery goes? I only drive my car on weekends and maybe once or twice during the week. I find if I don't drive for 3-4 days the battery is gone. I've changed the battery since I bought the car (RAC said they only have 1 compatible battery) but it still goes after 4 days of no use. I've put a multimeter to the battery and done some tests, but in its" normal off state" it isn't pulling anything out of the ordinary...

VeYzZii
18-01-2011, 06:02 PM
hmm.. I couldnt leave mine for more then 2 days prior to the new battery.. Now with the new battery, it can take definantly 3-4.. I havent left it for any longer then that.. Just leave the car on a hill..