PDA

View Full Version : need advice with suspension!

cihanvtec
15-01-2011, 10:37 PM
hey guys, ive got an eg sedan currently sitting on superlows and stock shocks. it doesnt quite cut it for me.. i want some legit shit! XD loll

i want really stiff setup and maybe just abit lower than superlows (2 - 2.5 inches) obviously a nice set of coilovers would be the best option, but what else will i require for my car to be as stiff as the one pictured..

mugen_ctr
15-01-2011, 11:41 PM
legal? lol, nothing is legal these days, if it looks defectable, it is

sway bars man, 22mm with rear bracing, an coil-overs with massive spring rates, something like F:22 R: 18, should be enough to injure ur back in a day lol

cihanvtec
16-01-2011, 12:14 AM
thanks mann!! exactly, everythings defectable these days, 1 more thing cant hurt toooo much!! :P
i was thinking 14 - 18mm sway bars.. would that give me the same sort of thing or will it definately need to be a minimum of 22? i want to keep the original sway bar mounts if possible..

cihanvtec
16-01-2011, 12:14 AM
thanks mann!! exactly, everythings defectable these days, 1 more thing cant hurt toooo much!! :P
i was thinking 14 - 18mm sway bars.. would that give me the same sort of thing or will it definately need to be a minimum of 22? i want to keep the original sway bar mounts if possible..

geeang
16-01-2011, 11:42 AM
The car in the picture you posted is doing 'the tripod' because it has coilovers or suspension with limited travel - not because 'it's super stiff'.

liberx
16-01-2011, 03:11 PM
LOL, quick way to ruin real world handling! Hope there's no mid corner bumps on that fantasy road you plan to drive on... :-D

aozora
18-01-2011, 08:35 PM
The car in the picture you posted is doing 'the tripod' because it has coilovers or suspension with limited travel - not because 'it's super stiff'.

+1

You can achieve the same/similar result with a set of aftermarket shocks/dampers - but have them built/rebuilt to have tighter "capture" so that the piston in the shock doesn't extend too far out of the body.
Usually aftermarket coil-overs are built in this way with much limited travel due to the stiffer spring rates but not a necessity...

Either one generally isn't good for handling because of limited suspension travel and "abnormal" movement at it's peak compression... recommended for hard parkers only :p