PDA

View Full Version : DC2 VTiR Shocks on LS???

aznsiko
22-01-2005, 02:28 AM
heyz guys i just wanted to know if DC2 VTiR shocks will fit on my LS.. they look similar but im not 100% sure if they will.. the reason is my mate has just changed his to fully adjustable coil overs.. and he is giving away his old shocks.. apparently the have only 15000KMS on them too which is great.. but need to know if they will fit on LS..

thanks

aznsiko
30-01-2005, 11:46 AM
hey dudes.. cmon some body help me.. lol.. please.. i really wana know.. i heard that you could but the car will sit higher but dosent bother me im gon lower it neways.. but i do need to know if they will fit on me LS or not.. PLEASE HELP..

LO_N_SXC
31-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Hello I think the fronts fit with no problems, but the back seems to be diferent you might have to change the rear control arms???? I think??? :confused:

wlee2
31-01-2005, 08:41 AM
u can always just peep under your car to see if its fork type of ball joint ^_^. i only remember a difference in type R suspension and my Vtir =P.. i knoy VTir are forks =P..

Redteg
31-01-2005, 06:20 PM
The rears are forks are will fit fine, they will be shorter than LS shocks though. If you were to use Type R rear shocks you'd have to use Type R box LCA's as well since the shock is of the ball type. I have used EF civic shocks in the rear of my teg to keep the shorter springs captive and regain a bit of travel.

The fronts will fit if you replace the LS forks with the 3rg gen teg forks, (also some Civic forks). The difference is that the DC shocks have a slightly wider diameter and will not fit in the LS forks. They are also shorter.

ACTI0NMAN-1
31-01-2005, 08:03 PM
here's a very helpful link from those nice guys over at g2ic.com

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79862
and
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30796

but i dont know why you would want to change unless you are lowering your car and already have the equipment. if not; its just as cheap to buy a set of springs and struts and not have to modify your forks.
I should know, i was going to do the EG/DC conversion. Its just a waste of time.

aznsiko
01-02-2005, 11:22 PM
thanks heaps fellas..

stocky
02-02-2005, 01:40 PM
I have done the EG/DC conversion.

I can fit ITR coilovers and stuff. Just more selection to choose from I guess.

Just use front forks from an EG or DC like stated above. All aus spec rear LCA's on DC's are forks except ITR.