PDA

View Full Version : central locking problem

jspec civic
18-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi guys, last week my central locking decided not to work on my civic eg sedan. My central locking is hooked to my alarm (mongoose). It wont lock or unlock if the alarm remote is pressed. There is supply and Fuse isnt blown. What can it be? can it the door actuator?

thanks

jeremydawg
18-01-2011, 10:27 PM
i had the same problem with my eg. If its both doors that dont lock or unlock its not the actuator im pretty sure. sounds like its the C/L motors, could be seizing. what i did is took my door trim off got a can of wd40 and sprayed the joints and hinges and shiz and it worked fine. theres heaps of mechanics in Brissy that'll find out whats wrong and give ya a free quote. or you could try autobarn, theyd be a bit more expensive. i bought a C/L kit for $40. autobarn quoted me $180 to install 2 C/L motors, pretty pricey!
when you lock or unlock your car with your key does it sort of jam, like ya have to use a bit of force?

oh and dont let my bad rep fool ya, i said a joke on a serious thread and got owned :D

jspec civic
19-01-2011, 07:56 AM
i've tried spraying wd40..still doesnt work..i cant use my key to open as its remotely open by alarm remote...anymore inputs pplz..

jeremydawg
19-01-2011, 08:29 AM
dayum. if youve got an immobiliser you should still be able to use your key. its gotta be somethin electrical, maybe some water got into your remote or somethin, if you got a spare remote try unlocking with that one.

jspec civic
20-01-2011, 05:06 PM
nah its not the remote...i got a spare one and tried it, doesnt work...help......

jeremydawg
20-01-2011, 10:41 PM
ah crap. Well atleast your eliminating stuff. Heres my last thought:
because of the crap weather weve been gettin here you can have alot of moisture in your car, mabye one of the wires in your car isnt insulated properly
you could have a leak somewhere and water has screwed up somethin.
It cant be the C/L motors cause the chances of them both screwing up at the same time is quite unlikely. Thats all ive got left lolz, sorry i couldnt be more help. Let me know when ya find out cause im curious now, i wanna see how friggin far off i was.
Someone else wanna pitch in their expertise?

Zilli
21-01-2011, 09:02 AM
if you can do it with a key then you got a solenoid problem maybe? take it to the alarm installer

EK1.6LCIV
21-01-2011, 09:08 AM
get one of those aftermarket kits with the door switches, mine played up and I just replaced the switch :)

pinoy-boi
21-01-2011, 11:05 AM
Ur alarm is working though right? just the doors wont unlock?

jspec civic
21-01-2011, 07:39 PM
my alarm works fine it clicks (beeps) when i press the alarm. im sure im not getting a short, connections looks fine. i replaced the green box (second hand one) its clicks when it locks and unlock manually..i bet ya its a little problem...

EK1.6LCIV
21-01-2011, 07:46 PM
its the actuator in the door, plastic generic item will work fine :)