PDA

View Full Version : saggy driver side bolster

garett
19-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi guys

for those of you who have the driver side bolster which looks like a pancake
i just had mine rebuilt (leather was still ok) so foam only they took my seat apart and remade it

cost 130 all up.

highly recommend!
place in Richmond VIC called Garry Blackman Trimming.

looks like new.!

kimnkk
19-01-2011, 09:30 PM
omg thanks man. Know if they do soft top patching too? Does it look 100% oem after the rebolstering (aside from maybe creased leather of course)?

Si1enzio
19-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Post some pics yo...

garett
20-01-2011, 07:37 AM
omg thanks man. Know if they do soft top patching too? Does it look 100% oem after the rebolstering (aside from maybe creased leather of course)?

it looks great id say 100% other than the crease where it was pushed flat
just so you know mine was completely flattened before this but the leather was ok. and from the driver side
(when you get in the car you cant even see the crease)
this photo was taken from the passenger side

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g170/garett_01/IMG_0330.jpg

these guys fitted my soft top (robbins OEM glass AP2 style, onto my plastic window roof frame)
im unsure if they do vinyl patching but id say they would.
My friends dad who has restored a few Austin Healeys has been going to these guys for years.

YLDS2K
20-01-2011, 07:47 AM
how did you find they're work on the soft top, im purchasing a new soft top with glass window shortly and am now shopping around on prices and good palces to do the work

garett
20-01-2011, 08:06 AM
i found it pretty good.

i took it back there after the torrential rain we had last week as it dribbled a bit into the boot, as its still under warranty.
they pulled all my interior out (which is why i found it a good time for them to repair the driver seat)

they tested it and under massive rain the rain rail actually overflows. so i guess ill have to put up with it.
not that its that common really. (although lately seems to be quite frequent)

fitment is A+

check out their site

http://www.garryblackmantrimming.com/

AusS2000
20-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I don't suppose you know the Honda part number for the foam insert?

AusS2000
20-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Scratch that. Found it on CFL Honda's site in the US:

http://www.cflhonda.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=215502&chapter=&Sectionids=0,51873&groupid=2673&subgroupid=2676&componentid=0&make=12&model=S2000&year=2000&graphicID=4465275&callout=7&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

I can't imagine what an Aus honda Dealer wants for it.

Love to know where your guy bought the foam insert from? If they made it, can they make me one?

garett
20-01-2011, 04:40 PM
i doubt they would have sourced it from honda.

they would have just made it while they had the seat out.
pretty easy to do im told as the leather shapes it a bit anyway.

i just figured the seat was out let the professionals do it.

ncmx5
21-01-2011, 09:47 PM
There's a good write up on s2ki.com for the bolster repair... didn't seem to be hard to do, cut out the damaged foam and put some new foam in, shaped of course.

Garry Blackman did a friend's car back a few years ago, and they didn't ground the motor mechanism properly, lol. His roof took 20-30 seconds to go up or down. He got it fixed tho. I'm sure they wouldn't make the same mistake twice.