PDA

View Full Version : Correct Prelude offset

Lude99
21-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I have a 5th gen Prelude and i am looking for some new rims and tyres.
I'm wanting to know what is the perfect offset for this model? and also if anyone has any suggestions about rim types that would be cool =)

curtis265
21-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Very broad question your asking here. What sort of fitment do you want? just flush? Hellaflush? Are you lowering? Do you have rolled guards? Also what style are you in to Do you like multispoke BBS or 6-spoke TE37's - go look at a few pictures and figure out what you're into. Got any pix of your car as of current?

take a look at www.rimtuck.com for fitment specs.

If it helps, I have DS5S rims and the sit flush at the front slightly tucked at the back - they're 17x7 +45 i think..

furorsekka
21-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Really depends on the width of your rim mate but here you go,

4th & 5th Gen. Stock = 6.5" Wide Wheel w/ +55mm
3rd Generation Stock = 5.5" Wide Wheel w/ +45mm

6.5" Wide Wheels w/ 4th & 5th Gen

Less than +38mm ::: You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well.
+38mm to +55mm ::: You shouldn't have any problems. Recommended Offsets for 6.5" Wide Wheels.
Larger than +55mm ::: You take the chance of rubbing the inside lining of the wheel well.

7" Wide Wheels w/ 4th & 5th Gen

Less than +38mm ::: Not Recommended
+38mm to +41mm ::: Not Recommended if you are, or plan to be, lowered. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well.
+42mm to +44mm ::: This is a grey area if you are lowered, results vary depending on tire and/or drop. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well.
+45mm to +50mm ::: You shouldn't have any problems. Recommended Offsets for 7" Wide Wheels.
Larger than +51mm ::: Not Recommend. You take the chance of rubbing the inside lining of the wheel well.

7.5" Wide Wheels w/ 4th & 5th Gen

Less than +40mm ::: Not Recommended
+40mm to +43mm ::: Not Recommended if you are, or plan to be, lowered. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well. Wouldn't recommend using any tire with an overall diameter larger than stock and/or with a tire width larger than 215.
+44mm to +47mm ::: This is a grey area if you are lowered, results vary depending on tire and/or drop. You take the chance of rubbing the outside lip of the wheel well. Wouldn't recommend using a tire with an overall diameter more than slightly larger than stock, you chances of rubbing increase.
+48mm to +52mm ::: You shouldn't have any problems. Recommended Offsets for 7.5" Wide Wheels.
Larger than +53mm ::: Not Recommend. You take the chance of rubbing the inside lining of the wheel well.

8" Wide Wheels w/ 4th & 5th Gen

Not recommended without enlarging or rolling outside lip of wheel wells. Some people have had success with running offsets larger than +48mm, but you are taking an expense risk.
-courtesy of prelude australia

should think about joining preludeaustralia.com, a lot of other useful information there.