PDA

View Full Version : Accord 2004 CL9 Service

meteorstorm
23-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Hi,
just did my first oil change and thought it would be good to share the experience.
Oil used was Shell Helix Ultra fully synthetic and the experience so far is that it is really good. Engine is much quieter and more responsive.
Next up is the ATF. This I have managed to get the honda ATF Z1 which according to my research is the only thing that you need to use the Honda one. I have also noted that Castrol have many of their products satisfying the same standards that Honda recommends. Here I have the Coolant and the Brake fluid.
Overall experience so far is that it is quite an awesome vehicle, looks, performance and reliability

Fredoops
23-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Welcome.

If you have any feedback regarding Honda dealers (if you were using one) please go to below post. As people in the forum have been trying to collate info for 2 years... See the 1st post for instructions
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?97989-Which-Dealer-do-you-take-your-Euro-for-servicing-includes-ratings....

Hi,
just did my first oil change and thought it would be good to share the experience.
Oil used was Shell Helix Ultra fully synthetic and the experience so far is that it is really good. Engine is much quieter and more responsive.
Next up is the ATF. This I have managed to get the honda ATF Z1 which according to my research is the only thing that you need to use the Honda one. I have also noted that Castrol have many of their products satisfying the same standards that Honda recommends. Here I have the Coolant and the Brake fluid.
Overall experience so far is that it is quite an awesome vehicle, looks, performance and reliability
The word "Fully Synthetic" means NOTHING after the Castrol vs Mobil suit in the late 1990's
Shell Helix Ultra is still a group III hydrocracked oil as far as I know.

If you want the "REAL" fully synthetic oils by the old terms, you need to look at the group IV based oil, Redline/Motul/Amsoil offers them.

a Lot of people swears by Honda ATF Z1, I'm skeptic, since Honda ATF Z1 is mineral based, its not going to be as high temperature tolerant compared to ester based fluids.
- Im using Honda ATF at the moment but I'll switch to Redline Synthetic next time when it's due for a flush