PDA

View Full Version : QLD eh9 with engine conversion in qld !

krispykreme
24-01-2011, 09:57 AM
hay people this thread has been mentioned a few times and after reading them
they get confusing, so anyway obviously you need to get a mod plate for a b18c2 conversion for a eh9.

you can almost get anything mod plated these days, but the next step is being on your p's and driving it !!

i was wondering if anyone knows a way to get around the system or any tricks to get out of being caught?

for example eg civic came with a d series motor, but they also came out with b series

so you can put a b series into your eg and it would be legal, so i was wondering if theres anything like that for eh9 with a b18c2 conversion

i was thinking the b18 motor is only a few hundered cc more that the original motor but puts out greater power hmmm... there has to be a way around all this !!

oh its for p platers too LOL!

krispykreme
24-01-2011, 09:59 AM
please keep negative thoughts and comments to yourself, i know its probably been covered in other threads about p plate laws,
but i have little knowledge on this subject and was after some help, thanks guys!!

markismaximus
24-01-2011, 10:27 AM
the EG only came with d series in Aus.

So the fact that models from japan came with B16A mean nothing in terms of not requiring a mod plate in aus.

you'll probably consider this a negative comment but just do the time man, you cannot legally drive a mod plated car when on Ps. Just how it is

krispykreme
24-01-2011, 10:33 AM
sweet dude that is pretty much what i wanted to know..

steeeven
24-01-2011, 10:50 AM
yeh you cannot drive it legally but there are plenty of p platers that drive engine converted honda's. If it's a stock as a rock eh9 with an engine conversion what's the chances of a cop pulling you over and telling you to pop the bonnet :P

krispykreme
24-01-2011, 10:59 AM
exactly what i was thinking, it is stock has 16" wheels sprayed black and lowered suspension, but its not like low
its just a few cm lower than normal haha

Alexx
24-01-2011, 11:27 AM
You will probably be fine. Keep in mind if you get into an accident your insurance will most likely be void. Not good if you damage an expensive car.

krispykreme
24-01-2011, 11:36 AM
ahh yeah that slipped into my mind aswell dang, why cant we just be like canberra and west oz, can drive anything on p's LOL

markismaximus
24-01-2011, 12:01 PM
just move...

krispykreme
24-01-2011, 12:04 PM
haha yeah ! =]

meatball
24-01-2011, 01:14 PM
15inch to be correct :P

hisoka
25-01-2011, 04:05 AM
lol this thread so weak.

i been driving turbo car for like 2 years now.. different ones aswell. pretty loud and obscene u could say.

ive been pulled over by police more then 10000000 times, and not once,

have they done me for driving turbo car on p plates. i think you should be fine with a b series engine in a civic.

police arent out there to rape you, as long as your driving a safe car, and not doing silly things you should be alright. especially in a eh9

krispykreme
25-01-2011, 06:17 AM
yeah i also used to have a s15 and they were out to rape me, but it did have huge ofset with 9 1/2'' wheels all round and a cage and stuff =[

ive lost my licence already and back on one point and good behaviour for another 6 months LOL

might aswell i guess just waiting for my honda to sell hahaha

markismaximus
25-01-2011, 09:59 AM
if/when you get busted for driving a modded car on your P's be sure to send hisoka the fine

krispykreme
25-01-2011, 10:04 AM
hahahaha yeah, he wont mind

MZ3
25-01-2011, 10:04 AM
lol.. my friend got busted while on his greens while driving his parents bog stock mk5 GTI (and he had just stopped at the traffic light.. wasnt even hooning around).. U never know what cops are thinking these days

meatball
25-01-2011, 10:08 AM
thats mk5 gti though......

krispykreme
25-01-2011, 10:15 AM
what are they the turbo ones?

what happened to him??

its weird because no one has really been caught so no one knows the consiquence yet LOL

probably car towed and loose licence or something haha

eeeeek !!

v__
25-01-2011, 10:31 AM
ive been defected before. on my p plates.
i should say defected 3 times. all for same reason too low

went to court gave me fine. and told me to go to pits.

i had mod plate for motor recaros. all that. but they didnt say anything.

krispykreme
25-01-2011, 10:37 AM
yeah ive been defected more times than you can count on two hands,
been to court a few times , lost my licence (accumulation of points)
never been to pits though, oh and had my car towed to impound lot
fun pay $300 to get it out and then they let you drive away (silly money making schemes i tells ya)
basic stuff to low, pod ect ect,
its basically lets rape him he has a low car on his p plates and wont raise it ! for the 10th time hahaha

markismaximus
25-01-2011, 10:47 AM
given you've been in shit before with the cops/courts wouldn't you try steer clear of doing things that could potentially get you into more shit? (ie driving a modded car on your P's)

steeeven
25-01-2011, 10:49 AM
if it's meatballs eh9 your talking about most likely you won't be pulled over. It looks stock from behind cops won't even take a second look at it unless you drive recklessly.

krispykreme
25-01-2011, 11:08 AM
yeah i want to stay clear of all of the above but its so tempting hahaha

yeah is his eh9, seen it before n stuff looks bog stock haha

wicked sleeper..

meatball
25-01-2011, 11:26 AM
ive had the car since my red p's. havent got pulled over yet. you should be fine, unless you're strapping it through inala and forestlake at 11pm

steeeven
25-01-2011, 11:28 AM
are you on 1 year good behavior now?
yeh that eh9 he has it since his red P's hasn't been pulled over once.

meatball
25-01-2011, 11:41 AM
oh and i was on one year good behaviour driving that around hahaha no dramas. well there is when a p plater pulsar is next to you

krispykreme
25-01-2011, 11:42 AM
yeah i have 1 point good behaviour for 1 year, i have another 6 months left though

half way point right now hahah

krispykreme
25-01-2011, 11:44 AM
oh and i was on one year good behaviour driving that around hahaha no dramas. well there is when a p plater pulsar is next to you

tru tru, pulsars are nothing to worry about unless its a sss version,

and plus i think its funner to race holdens n shit cause there like i have a v6 commy bra

and then, put put BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA see you !!!!111

I.M.I
26-01-2011, 11:09 AM
i live in the logan area and been pulled over heaps in my old eg. cops always asked me to pop bonnet but never done anything about my engine conversion i had a b18cr it was mod plated. all they done was defect me for lights and to low now im driving a eh9 with a h22 and recaros you might know it plates used to be 510ASS or something ive had it for like 4 months the car is 80mm of the ground and never been pulled over

meatball
26-01-2011, 12:51 PM
you'll be safe to, dw :P

hisoka
26-01-2011, 01:08 PM
ive had the car since my red p's. havent got pulled over yet. you should be fine, unless you're strapping it through inala and forestlake at 11pm

bring your shit talking mouth down to forest lake iga and line me up brah~

good luck with sale. pm is sent. lol

meatball
26-01-2011, 06:00 PM
bring your shit talking mouth down to forest lake iga and line me up brah~

good luck with sale. pm is sent. lol

bam bam bam bam for ultimate respect?

hisoka
27-01-2011, 12:12 AM
shift it into d for maximum respect

jeremydawg
29-01-2011, 06:05 PM
apparently if QLD transport let you rego a car, its legal for you to drive it... unless people are telling me a bunch of crap. I know of people who are on their p's and they drive turbo though, cause qld trans let them rego it.
Ive got a jdm b16a eg, may have seen it cruising around. doesnt need a mod plate, as long its registered to the chassis cause they came standard with a b16 in jap. Apparently its only legal if you have an "engineers" cert, which costs like friggin 3k. mine doesnt have engineers cert but its registered to the chassis and qld trans let me rego it so all good!!! :cool:

steeeven
30-01-2011, 06:16 PM
well another mate of mine did a type r conversion into an eh9 and got it registered with the car no problems without a mod plate. One of the ladies at queensland transport had a look at the engine to see if engine number matched up with the papers.

sneakygreek
11-02-2011, 11:16 PM
lol this thread so weak.

i been driving turbo car for like 2 years now.. different ones aswell. pretty loud and obscene u could say.

ive been pulled over by police more then 10000000 times, and not once,

have they done me for driving turbo car on p plates. i think you should be fine with a b series engine in a civic.

police arent out there to rape you, as long as your driving a safe car, and not doing silly things you should be alright. especially in a eh9

Do you have a High Power Exemption? and are ur P Plates easily seeable

DC2-PWR
11-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Do you have a High Power Exemption? and are ur P Plates easily seeable

nah his just speacil,

cops allowed him to have no restrictions because his has some mental disorder driving n/a cars around.

thats why we see him either in a wrx, 180sx, 600hp mack truck.

mad guy.