PDA

View Full Version : 96 civic cxi audio help

sexy_shazam
25-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Hey everyone

I recently bought a 96 civic cxi I think it's a ek1

But it's only got a cassette player and although I barely use cd"s I'd like the option.

Plus I'd like to have it be able to play songs or my iPhone or if my iPhone gps is playing and have it auto tone down the radio and play the directions

So my question is if there is any system where I can wirelessly or via cable play songs of my iPhone through the speakers.

Or say be listening to the radio and have the gps app have directions play through the speakers?

Thanks everyone

UkuleleGod
03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Hey mate,

I have an EK1 and I have just finished upgrading from what you had. I upgraded to a JVC KD-R805. This radio will let you plug your ipod in to either the front or back. I believe that with the iphone, if it is running and it is set to be controlled by itself, it will dim the music and play instructions through the speakers, just as it would if you were listening through headphones.

Listening to the radio and have GPS cut in would be a little different. To do that you would need a HU with a built in GPS, which is hard to find in single din form. Or, you would have to be running a radio app on the iphone and run it in through AUX.

If you are upgrading your radio, you may also want to look into upgrading your speakers (the cardboard ones that come with the car from the factory are rubbish). They are 6" speakers at the front and 6x9" speakers at the back.

Hope that helps.

1996_EK_Civic
03-02-2011, 10:27 PM
If you don't want to get a new headunit as UkuleleGod said you can get device that goes into the cassette player and it has a lead with goes to the 3.5mm jack which is the headphone jack. so thats just another option, you can get these from retailers such as dicksmith, jb hifi and so on.