PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord Euro Update Announced

Quokka
26-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Autocar.co.uk has just announced that Honda has launched this revised version of its Accord saloon and estate (UK version), complete with subtly tweaked styling, chassis tweaks and improved economy and CO2 emissions.

http://cdn.images.autocar.co.uk/612x408FFFFFFF/Car/Honda/Accord/Honda-Accord-26111111223215621600x1060.jpg

Honda engineers from Japan have worked with those in Germany and the UK to improve the refinement levels of the Accord. Their input has resulted in changes including the addition of higher density foam under the bonnet and dashboard areas to improve NVH levels and boost refinement.

The Accord range gets new headlights, a new ‘sportier’ grille, re-profiled cooling ducts and fog lights and a new bumper at the front, while the rear also sports a new bumper, a new finish for the lights and chrome trim above the number plate for saloon models.

Hopefully this 'mid-life' update will also apply to the Australian version sometime soon.

For more info visit http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/255150/

CU2 Euro 09
27-01-2011, 01:52 AM
After reading the article there doesn't seem to be much of a change. The foglights seem a bit retro (old BMW style, maybe even the retro CL Euro style) and they have that ugly Type S rear bumper. It was good to start with NVH wise, so I guess they must have knocked off a few decibels (probably unnoticeable). No change to power rating, even though the article has it at 148bhp, which would be a power reduction. I guess they mean 148kw. All those that didn't believe the current model with more power, economy and less pollution than the previous model would find this hard to swallow unless they've wisened up to the new technology!

Fredoops
27-01-2011, 04:34 PM
After reading the article there doesn't seem to be much of a change. The foglights seem a bit retro (old BMW style, maybe even the retro CL Euro style) and they have that ugly Type S rear bumper. It was good to start with NVH wise, so I guess they must have knocked off a few decibels (probably unnoticeable). No change to power rating, even though the article has it at 148bhp, which would be a power reduction. I guess they mean 148kw. All those that didn't believe the current model with more power, economy and less pollution than the previous model would find this hard to swallow unless they've wisened up to the new technology!

Hmmm the Euro Accord has the K20 as standard engine... the 2.0 Litre, not the 2.4 So they have 110KW (approx 148 bhp)

CU2 Euro 09
27-01-2011, 05:54 PM
If the euro accord is that underpowered it must drive like a slug

kimnkk
27-01-2011, 05:54 PM
The new headlights look badass! Would be interested in a pair of those...

antony
27-01-2011, 08:44 PM
According to themotorreport and caradvice,the revised Euros will be available locally in the second half of the year...........

chunsa
27-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Basically it's the same as the TSX in the states :/ not liking the face lift at all. Still much prefer the current style.

Fredoops
27-01-2011, 09:04 PM
If the euro accord is that underpowered it must drive like a slug

The K20A is a revvy little thing. So it's not as bad as you think.

Besides. no one buys the petrol Accords in Europe anyway, anyone who buys an accord (which isn't many considering a BMW 3 series is cheaper) the 2.2 Ltr Turbo diesel....

All I want is weight reduction.... 50kg at least.

antony
30-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I think it looks almost identical...

Like the sporty look of the type R pictured,and love the new light metallic Blue,suits it to a tee.