PDA

View Full Version : suspenssion removal

elitee
28-01-2011, 07:21 AM
well tried installing my coilovers yesterday failed attempt.

I wasn't able to remove the old suspension after i had unscrewed everything.

i was following this guide :

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/38891-diy-suspension-install.html

got up to where it says "After this step you can pull everything out. If you are doing springs, this is were you use your spring compressor and install them. If you have coilovers, just fallow the steps backwards. Please double check all you bolt/nuts. I didn't use a torque wrench, you can if you want to. "

But i had no luck in pulling anything out.

Can some please explain to me how to get it out, do i have to remove the fork if so how ?

thanks.

white_ep3_civic
28-01-2011, 07:29 AM
You should need to remove the fork just push it down. This way when you loosen the top of the strut it should come out easy. It's a bit fiddely but it will be easiest to drop the fork down.

elitee
28-01-2011, 07:42 AM
You should need to remove the fork just push it down. This way when you loosen the top of the strut it should come out easy. It's a bit fiddely but it will be easiest to drop the fork down.

Yeah i tried that and still wasn't able really frustrating lol

tried putting pressure done on the hub also didn't budge

EG52NV
28-01-2011, 07:56 AM
So you have undone the bolt that holds the fork to the suspension as well as the bolt that holds the fork to the control arm? If so bash the fork with a mallet might just be a lil stuck.

When you get everything out that's the easy part, putting the suspension back in is the hard bit! Realigning the holes in the fork with the control arm is the fun bit!

elitee
28-01-2011, 08:19 AM
So you have undone the bolt that holds the fork to the suspension as well as the bolt that holds the fork to the control arm? If so bash the fork with a mallet might just be a lil stuck.

When you get everything out that's the easy part, putting the suspension back in is the hard bit! Realigning the holes in the fork with the control arm is the fun bit!

will try the mallet and stuff today.

yeah i put it back together yesterday was a bitch

felixd
28-01-2011, 10:16 AM
hmm prolly go to susspension shop n do it that way you do not damage anything. its abit risky if you dont know what you're doing.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Pm Bennjamin and he will do it for you AND show you how to do it!

natnat
28-01-2011, 04:08 PM
it should cost 200-300 to get it done professionally.

it's not worth taking the risk if anything fails during emergency unless you know exactly what you're doing.

tony1234
28-01-2011, 06:04 PM
it should cost 200-300 to get it done professionally.

it's not worth taking the risk if anything fails during emergency unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Agreed.Just get a good mech to do the job,not worth it.

rodsta15
31-01-2011, 09:04 PM
i did mine yesterday, wasnt that hard at all. Its not the first time i did it either..