PDA

View Full Version : 06 head unit in a 04 lux...will it work?

El_Davo
28-01-2011, 11:01 PM
wanting sat nav, willa 06 head unit go with a 04 lux?

ricerockets
29-01-2011, 12:01 AM
i see no problems with it fitting, but if you dont have the dual climate control already then you are going to need to do some rewiring as the sat nav units are designed for dual climate control and you will also need a few other things to make everything work, only thing that comes to mind atm is the screen that resides above the two middle vents

El_Davo
31-01-2011, 08:16 AM
sweet, Cheers for that ! that's what i was thinking, is it worth doing yourself or just paying the extra and get a sparky to do it???

ricerockets
31-01-2011, 08:55 PM
i reckon i would do it myself since i like to DIY seems like a pretty straight swap... and if that doesnt go down well you can always call a sparky afterwards hahaha

rodericb
06-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Yowza, is it for the touch screen controls for audio and climate control or for satnav? If for satnav steer clear as the satnav is pretty crap - a $200 tom tom would be much better...and you need to have that stupid DVD player which does nothing but hold the satnav disk. You would also have to mount the satnav aerial. Even the touchscreen controls are a bit of a fiddle. I got suckered in by the Nav and swish looking touch screen and if I had my time again I wouldn't bother with it. Sorry for the negative point of view!

Snoop_gee
12-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I wanna bump this topic mainly cause i seen Stawberry (EURO ) owner selling his Euro with Sat/NAV upgrade.
Is it even hard to do ??!?!

here is the ad. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?160631-Pearl-white-accord-euro-cl9-luxury-with-sat-nav

Fredoops
12-02-2012, 03:31 PM
I wanna bump this topic mainly cause i seen Stawberry (EURO ) owner selling his Euro with Sat/NAV upgrade.
Is it even hard to do ??!?!

here is the ad. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?160631-Pearl-white-accord-euro-cl9-luxury-with-sat-nav

I've taken mine off to do some repairs to The cd changer, only took 30 minutes.

ryaan
12-02-2012, 11:14 PM
so guys.. any ideas where to get this nav unit except for searching wreckers?

Fredoops
12-02-2012, 11:19 PM
so guys.. any ideas where to get this nav unit except for searching wreckers?

EBay.

You knOw I wonder if the USDM unit would work...

ryaan
12-02-2012, 11:28 PM
hmm been looking at the tsx dash, their dash looks like it has a different design to ours...

marquee
13-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Tax dash is different. We use their accord dash.

Try UK accord headunits they drive on the same side of the road soothe climate control will be the same

ryaan
13-02-2012, 09:31 AM
hmm so after searching, i believe we can source jdm, uk, and usdm accord units for our euro nav unit, will the nav feature still work once we bring it over?