PDA

View Full Version : Rattly Passengers seat and Roof well.

asps91
29-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi guys,

My s2k is suffering from a Rattly Passengers seat (Where your back goes moved around a little) and Roof well. Cant find any information regarding this topic really but im wondering if anyone has had and solved there problems. I hate rattles and there the only 2 that i can notice.

Thanks Guys!

vbroom
29-01-2011, 03:41 PM
i have a bit of roof well rattle as well..

check that the large panel at the back of the roof well is secured properly with the 3 pushpins.

garett
29-01-2011, 04:38 PM
i know it may seem weird.

but these rattles, squeaks drips of water etc are part of owning a convertible sports car
i have owned 2 MX5's and other than them having no power at all they are much the same.

my passenger seat jiggles a bit - mostly to do with my stiff suspension.

tay113
29-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I was thinking the same like you guys this afternoon wondering what was the back noise.The chair does rattles and i pushed back the chair placing a think blanket to add as a in- between cushion.Most time its ok.I try not to think about the negatives as it does get to me attimes..MOstly my mind accept the fact that its a fairly old car with a lovely hoot down and its great.

asps91
30-01-2011, 04:06 PM
i have a bit of roof well rattle as well..

check that the large panel at the back of the roof well is secured properly with the 3 pushpins.

Thanks for the tip

VeYzZii
07-02-2011, 08:07 AM
i know it may seem weird.

but these rattles, squeaks drips of water etc are part of owning a convertible sports car
i have owned 2 MX5's and other than them having no power at all they are much the same.

my passenger seat jiggles a bit - mostly to do with my stiff suspension.

I don't think a hard suspension is the issues. Convertibles don't have a roof, obviously, so the s2 along with the mx5 have a 1 piece chassis. Makes them tough and rigid in lack of extra support from the roof. Maybe you should check some bolts. Tie them down. Or you can even try to but a rubber washer under the bolts to give it some flex.