PDA

View Full Version : Accident Advice Needed

YLDS2K
29-01-2011, 03:24 PM
hey guys, i'll keep this short and sweet as i am bout to head out.

Was driving home from work tonight and i was behind a car and infront of that car was a small tip truck used to carry sand, soil and in this case, strips of timber. The driver did not secure his load correctly and a few pieces of timber have fallen off the truck and ended up on the road. The car infront had nowhere to go and ran over them but as they hit his rear tires, it sprayed up and hit my car. I stopped on the side of the road and spoke to the driver who was still picking up the broken pieces of timber and admitted fault straight up because he didnt secure his load correctly. I took photos of everything including how the timber was on the road, him carrying the timber back to the car and so forth.

I was just wondering if whether his insurance company would have an issue with my car being 'too low' and use that as an excuse to not pay out. If any1 has had any experience with this please, post up your suggestions because i am willing to through in the standard springs just to get out of any bother.

vbroom
29-01-2011, 03:39 PM
where did it hit your car?

regardless of whether your car was too low or not, his actions of not properly securing his load was the primary cause resulting in damage to your car.

his insurance will have to pay you out.

garett
29-01-2011, 04:40 PM
yeh you have him right where you want him.!

he has admitted fault straight away. so his insurance should cover it regardless of whats stipulated on your policy

how is the damage?

i hate ****ing insurance claims etc. its a pain in the ass

YLDS2K
30-01-2011, 12:46 AM
i just posted this on s2ki so i hope u guys dont get annoyed but not going to reword it to mean the exact same thing

i spoke to my insurance company and asked if it played a role of the ride height and it said it wasent an issue because it has nothing to do with the ride height that caused the accident. Basically if i lost control or something on those lines, then it would be looked at but other then that i'll be fine. This happened about 2:40pm and by 6pm just before i went out for dinner, the guy responsable rings me and says he has paid his excess and gives me a claim number right away. I was soo happy that this guy has not given me grief over it and is doing all the right things.

Damage wise it is very minor, just a nasty scratch on the OEM bumper lip and a small dent with a scratch on the rear right quarter panel from when the wood flicked back up at the car. Im not really concerned but i just hope i get my choice of repairer

garett
30-01-2011, 11:30 AM
You should depending on how it plays out.

I had a guy take his foot of the brake at a set of lights recently on a hill (in my other car) and he rolled back about 2 metres and crashed into me.
He admitted fault right away (after i persueded him a little) and i contacted my insurance to let them know what happened. Then they contacted his insurance
to find out the details. He payed his excess and my insurance company (Shannons) is paying for my repair and then seeking payment from his company (RACV)

As i have choice of repairer on my policy i am able to use anyone i like.

if i were you i would be calling your insurance company and letting them know what has happened to date, and asking if there is anything else you can do.

markismaximus
30-01-2011, 11:38 AM
if i were you i would be calling your insurance company and letting them know what has happened to date, and asking if there is anything else you can do.

spot on. call your insurance company and give them the claim number etc.