PDA

View Full Version : Urgent EF EK Front knuckle

31-01-2011, 01:23 PM
hey guys,

im facing a problem at the moment.

is EK front Knuckle fits on EF/ED civic?

I've tried to google around but cant find a definite answer

thanks,
Chris

01-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Of any one were looking for the answer...

Yes you can bolt on the EK knuckle on EF
but the problem is you be having a +ve camber and insane caster that brings ur wheel closer to firewall..

hope that helps.

Bludger
04-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Did you try it?

Kawasaki
04-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Of any one were looking for the answer...

Yes you can bolt on the EK knuckle on EF
but the problem is you be having a +ve camber and insane caster that brings ur wheel closer to firewall..

hope that helps.

This information is correct, I have tried with EG\DC2. What was the reason for wanting to go down that path?

05-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Reason behind it is, i bought an ek wilwood brake kit of a friend.
i didnt do much research earlier and he told me that EK arm would fit.

so i decided to try and put it on.. and closer inspect it yes it would fit on my EF if i have the EK arm.
but with those negative stuff that comes with it.

i was cutting corners not to get the dog bone for the EF since wilwood is slightly universal.

after all the drama, i decided to sell the EK wilwood and put some disc and pads on the ef :thumbsup: (also i need the brake to get done before this weekend for up coming race series)

Kawasaki
05-02-2011, 10:34 AM
I see. Was it the bolt spacing on the caliper which prevented you from running it on your current EF kunckle? DA6/9 kunckles, i forget which one was avail' in AUS, has the same bolt spacing as eg\ek\dc2 and this is what I am using on my car with Spoon calipers. Doesn't really matter as you have sold them but just some if it was the case.