PDA

View Full Version : difference between 02,03,04 dc5r

gtrforever
01-02-2011, 12:28 PM
hey guys im just wondering if there are any differences if so what the differences between 2002, 2003 and 2004 dc5r are?

cheers

54VVA
02-02-2011, 10:20 AM
hey mate
i dont think there is any change between the dc5r in those years. but the changes were in 2005 when honda relased dc5 type S

changes from 2004 to 2005
* Revised suspension tuning for increased handling precision and a smoother ride
* Ride height reduced by 7 mm (0.3 in)
* Optimized damper and spring settings
* Firmer stabilizer bars (front and rear for Type-S, front for RSX)
* Bushings at suspension installation points were optimized
* Inversely wound front coil springs
* Refined steering system for enhanced feel and quicker response
* Swifter steering ratio
* Stiffer steering column
* Pump flow increased by seven percent
* Kickback reduction valve
* Optimized braking system for enhanced stopping power and feel
* Pedal stroke decreased
* Master cylinder diameter increased
* Brake pedal toe rigidity increased
* Larger diameter 17-inch sport design alloy wheels and 215/45R17 all-season high-performance tires
* Body rigidity increased 15 percent in front and 21 percent in the rear through the application of reinforcements at key areas
* Vehicle noise and vibrations reduced
* Engine damper added to front subframe to reduce engine rocking and vibration transmitted from the engine to the cabin
* Insulation material added at key points on doors and roof to reduce road noise
* Side-mirror gaps sealed and weather strip added
* New front and rear bumper designs
* Redesigned headlight and taillight assemblies
* Restyled signature 5-sided Acura grille
* Redesigned side sill garnish
* Four new exterior colors: Magnesium Metallic, Vivid Blue Pearl, Jade Green Metallic, Blaze Orange Metallic
* Freshened interior design
* Deeply bolstered front seats with thicker cushions
* New chrome and titanium-look accents
* Meter faces changed from metallic to white

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Integra_DC5

hope that helped.

gtrforever
02-02-2011, 10:55 AM
thanks i already know the differences between the type s and type r's. thanks for your help anyways

aaronng
02-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Those aren't differences between the R and S, they're changes between the '04 and '05 R. If you'd read the list of revisions, you would have realised that.

Never seen a Jade Green Metallic or Blaze Orange Metallic DC5R from the factory in my life or in magazines. That list is for the 2005 Type S. There is no 2005 AUDM Type R.

Indie
02-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Never seen a Jade Green Metallic or Blaze Orange Metallic DC5R from the factory in my life or in magazines. That list is for the 2005 Type S. There is no 2005 AUDM Type R.Oh, right, AUDM. My bad, I apologise.

seihoa
02-02-2011, 06:06 PM
i thought 04 model had some interior bits painted?

Zinyo
03-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Exactly the same. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Thought my answer was too short so added the yeah purposely.